Monday, April 30, 2018

It's The Little Things....


This post is about the little things that people do for me that meant so much to me. I wanted to remember these things cause it gives me hope that maybe people are nice after all, or people actually do spend some time thinking of me :)

So first one, Godiva chocolates with the word "Thank You" on it. This was given by my user's department head on his last week of work in Singapore. I've always like him and think he is a nice person to work with. When I found out that he was leaving, I got him a souvenir pen with peranakan motif on it. He was one of the original member of our project, and it was sad to see everyone leaving one by one. But it was so nice to receive these chocolates from him. Even though we don't really talk much, I think both of us work towards the good of the project and both of us hate confrontation. So it was nice to be remembered by him when he was leaving. 


2nd one is these coffee bag I received in an enveloped from Taiwan! My friend Pei Shi was asking whether I received anything from her in the post box one week prior, causing me to check the mailbox on a daily basis. I was expecting a package, or postcard, or letter. But this beautiful coffee pack really caught me by surprise and I really really love it. It was nice knowing that she thought of me even when she was on vacation, and even remembered by address to send this! Such a small thing, such a big impact. Thank you so much!


3rd one is from my husband. Weird as it may sound, I got a pair of Puma ballet shoes from him 2 days ago! Why is this such a big deal? Well, cause this year was not a good year for me and my shoes. They keep spoiling on me. And the problem is, it's not like I don't want to buy shoes, its because I have an abnormally small shoe size and can't buy most of the shoes on sale. Plus I have an anal sense of fashion and only wear certain type or design of shoes. It didn't help that I had an important meeting the week before. But anyway, my husband ordered online a Puma ballet for me. I have wore two of these before in a different pattern and although they are expensive, I totally love them. I can wear them anywhere and they are so comfortable. So for the first time in my life, I got 3 pairs of ballet shoes. The middle one is spoiling soon, the one on the right is new and cheap just to ensure I made it presentation on my big meeting last week, and on the left is my Puma! Incidentally, I also got myself a Puma sport shoe recently and totally love it. Puma make the best shoes! So maybe Onitsuka Tiger would just have to wait a while..... 

So these are the small little things that lift my life up from time to time. Thank you all for remembering, caring, and taking some small action to make me feel love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments