Monday, April 16, 2018

Sapporo Kaisendon at Curb Market


2nd morning in Sapporo and the weather begin to clear. We took a train to Nijuyonken Station in search of another seafood market. The place was called Sapporo Central Wholesale Market/Curb Market. It took around 10 mins to locate the market area, which was really just one road selling stuff.


Here's me walking towards the market. Look at all the snow around me!


When we finally locate it, it was one short road with lots of seafood, fresh or dried. At the end of it, you can see this beautiful show that is just a tourist magnet. But it looked so nice we had to just wondered inside and lose our cash there. But seriously though, it is cheaper to buy things elsewhere...


So you see what I meant when I say it is a tourist magnet, look at that giant lobster just outside their shop!


And not forgetting the giant crab! We did purchased some stuff there. I got a pack of kanimiso there, which was more expensive then anywhere else, and guess this, it tasted spoilt when I finally tried it back home! At first I thought I just didn't know how to appreciate it. But when I pass it to my Japanese friend, he told me that it wasn't suppose to taste like that. Ha! Beware!


Anyway, we did found a nice place for breakfast/lunch after walking up and down the road trying to figure out where to eat. Above is the shop we finally settled for. It was rather early, so we were kinda like the first few customer there. 


Price wise, it was gonna be another SGD30 per meal kinda place. Seriously, Japan is getting more expensive than France! But for the love of seafood, I will continue to visit this place!


So my rich husband ordered the recommended set, which was more expensive. Above is the full meal. It was actually quite filling. And his was just covered in ikura (Fish Roe), and uni (Sea Urchin). And I love the fact that although they charge you so much,  it was actually a complete meal with pickles and sides, and even dessert! 


Me, being the poorer of the two, ordered a cheaper set, which came with ikura, salmon, and scallop. The scallop was delicious! The best I ever had. You can really taste the sea in every bite! Highly recommended! You can plan your trip here as a stop-over if you are headed to Shiroi Kibitz park. 


Lastly, here's another photo illustrating the amount of snow here. Although it has stopped snowing, it was still very cold, and mountain of snow can be seen everywhere. They basically shove it aside to pile it up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments