Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Air Fryer


Above is a pack of flour for frying stuff which I got from my friend Julie. She said it was awesome, i bought it with the hope of trying it one day. Little was I to know, that the one day was coming soon. After toying around with getting an air fryer for a while, and borrowing one from a relative to try it out, I decided to get one for myself after reading through forums on whether air fryer would smoke up the house as the one I borrowed did. I was pretty sure they don't, else they wouldn't be that popular, right? Well I was right! Turns out that if you don't properly clean your air fryer, its gonna smoke up your house!


Anyway my husband got me a branch new Phillip air fryer, and like most people, I started with the basic fries. Only, I wanted to have sweet potato fries. Above was the end result. Although it was editable, it was very hard and full of fiber to eat it pleasantly. Sweet potatoes are better off backed, unless you want to chew on them. A batch of potatoes will cook within 15minutes at almost 180 to 200 degrees celsius. 


The regular potatoes were nicer to cook. Above are fried chicken, using the Thai flour I mentioned earlier. I added some ketchup too. So normally if I were to buy this from the shop at the back of my house, it would cost me around SGD4. But if I make it with my air fryer, the cost price is probably only SGD1.50 or less. Cause chicken wings are SGD0.5 each, and I usually can make nuggets with them at the same time too. So cost saving wise, I think air fryer is great for indulging in all your fried food sins. 


As I learn to use the air fryer more, the output of it also improves. Above is a nicer version of fried chicken wings, but this time I added some black pepper to it to make it more fragrant. The green sauce is from Vietnam, and it's lovely, except I may have kept it too long and it kinda got rubberise thick already. 


I also tried making hot wings to go with my kimchi noodles. But at last, it wasn't really that nice. I think I used peri-peri powder which I learn about from youtube. Apparently peri-peri spices is what they use to season Nandos chicken! Maybe I'll try it again some other day, but I definitely give a thumbs up for Nandos sauce. I use it all the time for my bbq chicken. 


Some times for a full lunch, I'll make fried chicken and fries instead. Stay tune to this blog as I'll show you some of my advance wester  food creation, including a full blown KFC!


I was so obsess with my air fryer that I joint Facebook group and watch most of the youtube clips on it. Needless to say, I've also borrowed all the air frying books I can find from the library. It's surprising to learn what other people actually uses their air fryer for, or how they use tricks to get it to stay clean longer.  Stay tune as my next few post will all be about air fryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments