Tuesday, November 13, 2018

October 2018


And so finally we catch up to October! Woohoo! Mission accomplished! But October only adds another big backlog list to my list: My Melbourne trip. My husband decided to spend his bonus money by buying me a ticket to Melbourne to visit his cousin and family. And since this was the 3rd trip I've made to Melbourne, I really didn't want to go. To top it off, the ticket was expensive, and everything in Melbourne was expensive, and I've been to most of the tourist attraction in Melbourne already. So when given the task to plan the trip, I planned 3 days outside of Melbourne and decided to stay 2 nights in Phillip Island itself. The rest of the time, we spend mainly outside of Melbourne as well with his cousin. It was an awesome trip. 


The most memorable of all was probably the Whale Watching Cruise which I booked. I was thinking what can we do that we have not already done in Melbourne.... And voila! I booked a Whale Watching Cruise before realising that it was no where near Phillip Island! It was like 1.5 hours ride away! Luckily for me, my husband was planning on renting a car for the trip, so I managed to persuade him to go for the cruise. I wasn't expecting to see any whales to be honest, but goodness! It was so exciting! We saw so many cool things! Wild dolphins, seals, and 22 humpback whales! Unforgettable trip well worth the money spend! As for the rest of the trip, let me save those details for the backlog post coming up soon....


The other highlight of October was my farewell from my company. I spend the last week of work catching up with colleagues who really made it tough for me to leave. Above was my fave photo of my farewell even though it didn't captured everyone that was there. This photo was taken impromptu and capture the moment best. 

I guess I've grown so closed to them through out the project and through travelling together. My colleagues from Japan even sent a video message to say goodbye to me. It was all very touching. Even after starting work at my new place, the first week was rather tough as I was still receiving messages from my ex-colleagues. It was all in all, an emotional move for me even though I don't really showed it. And as fate would have it, I didn't manage to say goodbye to those that meant the most to me. I guess when you get really close to people, you don't want to say a formal goodbye, cause you want to keep that channel open to meet again in future.... that was all I could conclude from my past experience with all my closes colleagues/friends/vendors. Sigh. I plan to do a post to share some of my team photos one day, cause I did had a great time working here. All the people were so unique and memorable. And not forgetting all the wonderful business trips that made me bond so much closer with all these wonderful people. It indeed something that I would look back fondly upon.

And so now I've started a new beginning at a new company, doing a totally different industry, different methodology, and different part of Singapore, and hopefully, a different part of the world soon.... Hope to update more on that in near future soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments