Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Home Made Wanton Mee


Above is my picture perfect homemade wanton mee! And it was all because of my brand new air fryer! Apart from the roast pork and the noodles, everything else was homemade I used roast pork instead of char siew because I like roast pork better. And like all decent wanton mee store, mine comes with fried wanton, as well as soup wanton. 


I've always love fried wanton, and making wanton was never too troublesome for me. I got the freshly made wanton skin from the wet market instead of from the supermarket. In the wet market, it is cheaper and fresher. I make the fillings using minced pork, eggs, soya sauce and spring onions. It is always best to add minced shrimp as well. Also a lesson learned for me is, put more soya sauce to make the filling tastier so that it goes well with the noodles. 


I got my wanton noodles also from the wet market, and it was again, fresher and cheaper! As for the sauce, I just mixed soya sauce and sesame sauce to make it. It was decent enough for me. So once you have everything, just assemble your wanton noodles. I use my air fryer to air fried all the fried wanton. 


This all happened during my night shift working schedule, so I made lunch boxes out of the 3 noodle balls I got. It was super filling lunch box! With more wanton than you can ever ordered from a store! Will try to make these again some day, just to pop those wanton in my mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments