Thursday, November 15, 2018

Coffee Letters

Since we're at our favourite coffee topic recently, I wanted to share with you a little hobby I started in 2018. It started when I receive a coffee via snail mail from my friend Pei Shi all the way from Taiwan. You can read about it here. I was so happy that anyone would send me a snail mail at this age and time that I decided to start sending her coffee and tea from everywhere I was travelling to. So far to date, I have send her 3 snail mails containing coffee, tea and sometimes snacks from all the places that I've visited. And thankfully she took photos of them before I started to do the same. So now I have photo memories of these little "care package" of delight too!


1st letter was coffee and tea from Korea. I got the coffee from the last hotel that I was staying at, and the packaging was so pretty that I decided to collect them and send them to her when I got back to Singapore. This was also the coffee that got me hooked on coffee infused water, cause the coffee was so light that it suddenly occured to me that I don't have to drink thick coffee to enjoy it! Below row are also branded Korean tea I got from a high-end hotel. It was a set of 4 actually, but I drank some of it, and a complete set was given priority to  my other ex-colleague as she was the one that introduced me to these tea. Interestingly after giving all these tea away, I was kinda sad that I didn't have many left to enjoy. But surprise surprise, my dearest colleague got me a box all for myself when she came back from Korea! I'm thinking of bringing it to my new office to drink when I need to chill.


2nd letter was from Vietnam. I collected these from the hotel that I was staying at. I actually like G7 coffee cause the aroma of it was just wonderful. It used to be my favourite instant coffee when my first Vietnamese colleague got them for me when I was working at the hospital. Whenever he makes them in the pantry, the whole office would smell of coffee! The green package are Vietnamese Jasmine/Green Tea. They are stronger than the Japanese green tea. When I'm travelling, I actually like drinking tea to unwind when I'm back in the hotel. Drinking hot tea or coffee kinda calms me down when I'm on a hectic schedule. It reminds me to relax and just breath and enjoy the aroma. Top two package are my favourite coconut snack from Vietnam. I am totally addicted to it and would buy boxes of it whenever I go on business trip. They were so light I decided to include some into the envelop to share them with my friend.


3rd and last one was from my recent trip to Melbourne Australia. I collected the granulated coffee from all the places that we stayed in, as well as some teas. I really really like the coffee here cause they have a strong burnt aroma of it, are are really really nice and thick but dissolved smoothly in hot water. I really like the consistency of it. I even made some coffee muffin using the Cafe Noir pack recently and its delightful as well! From the 3rd letter onwards, I also started using fancy papers. And I just love this one cause it's so colourful and fit the theme of coffee and tea! I had them all along, but just never had anyone to write letters to. Hmmm, maybe I should send some to my mum as well. Maybe that would surprise her! Ha! But my coffee stock is already running low....

So there you have it. Little things that are cheap or almost free, which you can share with your friends and family and doesn't cost much. The only thing that is expensive about these are probably the postage at almost SGD2.50 per envelope depending on weight. And you have to declare what are the content as well. But its definitely fun. I send them via normal mail cause even if they get lost, you don't really mind. And its nice to know when both of you are enjoying the same cuppa. You can only do these with people who enjoys tea and coffee as you do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments