Friday, November 9, 2018

June 2018


June started out with me rushing back from Korea earlier than the rest of the group, so that I may catch a freaking expensive Mayday concert with my friend. The ticket itself cost SGD300! Since she accompanied me to the One OK Rock concert, I thought I'll return the favour. I did like some of Mayday's songs, and she goes to the concert almost yearly!


It was my first Taiwanese rock concert, and I can't say I enjoyed it very much except for maybe just one song. To say that it was a rock concert for me was quite an inappropriate description of the experience. Being used to just watching the artist performed, this concert's concept was totally new to me. There were video clips, and stage art that were no doubt amazing. But the breaks between the songs really gets to me. And the fact that there were not much rocking going on.... Probably all the Mayday fans will hate my review, but I would probably not go to their concert ever again. I did however enjoyed the guest artist so much that I downloaded their songs, hahahaha.


Apart from that, June was rather quite. I spend Hari Raya in JB and enjoyed it so much. We stayed at our usual Mutiara hotel, and went just for the Raya Buffet cause they have the best sambal as part of the spread. We also got our fave room overlooking the railway track, and above is how I spend my morning, watching the trains run by, drinking my free tea from Korea, and eating a pandan muffin. I love the slow life....

My Thai friend came to visit and stayed with me, bring with her lots of Thai junk food and more importantly, all the Thai sauce etc. And my Investment/Retirement whatsapp group had our first meeting which was so hilarious and fun for me. I learned so much from them, but have yet to implement anything concrete. Stock market has not been performing very well lately, so I am still hard at work. But for a half way point, I think I did really well for myself, considering the profit I gained exceeded my targeted monthly passive income for 2018. I am hoping to repeat this yearly so that I can retire in peace! Good luck Cordy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments