Friday, November 23, 2018

Homemade Pottery


I love potteries. Especially asian or Japanese style potteries. Above is a photo of my shelve, showing you some of the insane bowls and plates I have. Mainly, I love Japanese looking bowls and potteries. I don't buy them in sets any more. Maybe use one unique piece on its own. Cause with Japanese food presentation, its ok to have everything of different design. But the main reason for this post is, I got a lot of homemade potteries from my husband's cousin recently. She stays in Melbourne, and took up pottery not too long ago. I think what she made is just beautiful, and she gave me some of her pieces when we went to visit her. I would have love to bring everything back, but my husband was already frowning at me. After coming back, I've placed them all in my shelve. But one day, I decided to use them, and shared the photos with her of her beautiful creation. So this post is also to share with you.


To be honest, it was inspired by the shisamon fish you see here. I recently found that you can buy them and bbq/toast them and they taste really really yummy. So we got a package of it for less maybe  less than SGD10, with 10 fishes inside. I decided to make a meal just using all her potteries. Above is actually my Japanese breakfast set! Just fish and sweet egg rolls and rice (which was still cooking at the time the photo was taken). For drinks, my fave houjicha. 


So let me introduce you to all the pieces shown here. The rice bowl, which looks small but hold the same amount of rice, if not more, from my normal japanese bowls. It was stripes on it and looks rather ragged. The blue cup is very beautiful although it may not be obvious from this photo. It is actually decorated with cat figures all around it. It was been promoted to my fave cup. I use it for hot drinks like tea and coffee. 


Next is this beautiful patterned plate. It just looks fitting for the shisamon. I now also use it for desserts and tea time cause it looked so pretty. I didn't really fancy it at first, but it is kinda artistic and goes will with random food I placed on it so far. 


Above is a little ragged small cup/bowl. Although not visible in the photo, it actually has the word ""  on it, which means "river" in Chinese/Japanese. This word has a special meaning to me, because two of my favourite person in my previous company has the word "川" in their names. 


Above photo is taken on another day. And this is lunch. So from top left to right are: shisamon, boiled prawns, picked squid. And the overnight rice is heated up with left over sweet egg rolls, and some baby corns. I've been addicted to baby corns recently after eating them at a yoshinoya for lunch at my new work place. 


Lastly, a few random photos of tea time snakes. Above chocolate chip muffins served using the pattern plate, and Korean coffee in my Daiso SGD2 cup, which has been recently promoted to my office cup. I brought it to the office cause they have a fancy coffee machine there, and I wanted to use it to have a cosy coffee when I am feeling bored. 


Here again, blue berry muffins with Australian granulated coffee blank. The color of dark blue and pink is so contrasting that it looks good together. 

So thanks for letting me show off some of the new potteries I have at home! These are not all of it. Just some of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments