Sunday, November 11, 2018

August 2018


August was the month I usually head back to Penang for my Dad's birthday. I had to postpone one week before doing back due to work, but it was totally worth it seeing my Dad. He looked better this time round even though he refuses to open his eyes. Mum fed him McNuggets which he ate all along with the fries. He looked calmer as compared to in March when I last saw him. I don't think he will get any better. But as long as he is still enjoying his food, I am quite happy for him. They are both old now, and I can't say that I don't worry for them. I just try not to get what I can't control get me down, and just do the best that I can for them. 


August was also surprisingly stressful for me as I contemplate whether I should change job as I wasn't happy anymore at where I was. I tried to ask for a change in teams, but it doesn't seems to get any positive response. So at the persuasion of my recruiter, I decided to try our for a job that would allow me to travel more. I went for two interviews, both 30 mins, for a job I wasn't qualified nor have the skill-sets for, and just hoped for the best :P 


To counter the stress of job interviews, I did kinda went to a lot of drinking events. One of them was to the Beer Fest which I surprisingly enjoy. I went right after my final interview. Well actually I went to have a Tai-Tai tea moment with my ex-colleagues, before headed down to Garden By the Bay to contemplate on my future and how beautiful the garden can be. And when the sun sets, I headed to the Beer Fest to join my husband and colleagues for some beer workshop, beer drinking, and food. It was a lovely end to the month of August. I felt that I was giving myself a chance for a change. I did my best. And so after which I celebrated. That's life. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments