Sunday, November 18, 2018

Muffin Madness


Sometimes I make muffins. Usually they are quite a disaster. But I like eating them as snacks. Usually when I follow the recipe, the muffins are more dense and flat, probably because I don't use baking powder or self raising flour or baking soda and stuff. To be honest, I can't tell those things apart. I think I only have baking powder at home for my waffle craving. So above is usually what my muffins look like, flat like a cookie, hahahaha.


Sometimes I get ambitious and throw in lots of expiring blue berries. But blue berries tend to explode in the heat.... So not a good idea.


While I was back in Malaysia in August, I bought two packages of Aunt Betty muffin, just add water or milk to make half a dozen fresh muffins! They were selling at around SGD1.2 each pack cause they were expiring in Nov. I got the chocolate chip and blue berries one each and just finished making them a few weeks back. These ready to make one are easier to make and look and taste nicer too! Above is the chocolate chip ones. The blue berries one are below, but they are made of artificial blue berries (blue coloured gummies)


My most recent bake is the coffee chocolate chip muffin as per above. These were really nice but very dense and not so sweet.  Oh yeah, all my muffins are filled with coconut cause I like the texture of it, plus orange peal cause I love the smell of it So its fiber pack! I usually have one or two for breakfast when I make them. But sometimes I can't finish them fast enough before they get moldy.


Ah yes, above is the artificial blue berry muffin, here seen being enjoyed with some weak Korean coffee.


You can also have them with tea.


Stack them up to make a pagoda muffin. These were just plain muffin and coconut and orange peal. It has a surprising light and fresh orange taste to it. I finished all these in one sitting. 


I also serve them as part of desert in a proper meal! Don't you love the above photo of my meal? Mind you, this is a weekday dinner! A full course Japanese meal set. I just love looking at this <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments