Sunday, December 2, 2018

December 2018, Closing of Another Year....


As you can see, my daily blog was interrupted again for almost 2 weeks. And now, it's already December, the final month of 2018. But I guess what is important is, every time I fall back I can somehow manage to get on track again. The delay was mainly due to two reasons, that I was sick for a week after coming back from Penang after visiting my father in the hospital, and the second reason was from his passing, which I had to go back for his funeral. All that has been settled, and tomorrow, I go back to work.


But as the year comes to an end, I actually have many ideas on what to post here. I managed to organise my photos while I was back in Penang, so hopefully that would mean a more consistent update of the blog. I even though of cheating the whole of December by posting my very first advent calendar series! That should take care of almost the whole of December! But since it's already 2-December today, I kinda missed the deadline to start the post. So just look our for the summary in the future post soon.


So summary of things to come in the future:
  • A more consistent posting of my ordinary life.  This blog will now become a part of my external memory here.
  • New job, probably my last job. Hopefully a new adventure. Stay tune for updates!
  • On track on my retirement plan, so maybe I'll restart my Retire@40 blog soon, target by 2020 earliest, or 2022 latest.
  • With retirement in mind, I'll probably start sticking more strictly to my projected retirement budget from Dec 2018 onwards to see if I can be discipline enough. Plus whatever extra I am early is gonna be my play money!
  • Still on retirement, I'll probably be starting the process of considering my move back to Penang pretty soon. 
  • My mother has been updated with internet on her phone, so she can now read this blog, see my post on Facebook and whatsapp me. So maybe there  may or may no be a change in the content.
  • My favourite zumba instructor is back from Dec 2018 onwards, so I'm hoping to get back into shape! I've finally lost all the weight I gained from my Korean and Melbourne trip, and will proceed to be vegetarian for all my lunches and minimise the dinner impact.  Weekend will be mainly home cooked as well. 
  • Next year travel plan includes: Kuala Lumpur, Japan, and Thailand. 
So that's all for today. I'm still thinking whether I should blog daily, or blog in bulk. Doing it in bulk is easier, but doing it daily trains me to be more discipline...  We'll see. As move into the end of 2018, and as the festive season is ahead of us, I'm hoping that my life would be calmer ahead, and I can cruise through my final job without much problem. Incidentally, my Vietnam system is going live tomorrow! Although I'm no longer part of that team, there is still a sense of achievement in knowing that the system will finally go-live tomorrow. All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments