Sunday, April 12, 2020

Biz Trip Bangalore (May 2019)


Since there is no more travelling for 2020, I've decided to start blogging about my past trips to, clear my back logs, re-live those wonderful trips, and to get my creative flow going. So for today and tomorrow, I will be blogging about my last minute business trip to Bangalore India in May 2019. I say "last minute" because it was totally not in my project schedule, and I even had my mum staying with me at that time. I had to abandon her for my 4 days trip and almost missed out on my Phantom of the Opera Musical which I bought VIP tickets for!


Flights were also fully booked since it was last minute, and one of the budget airline in India also decided to cease operation about the same time. So I could only manage a Thai Airways transiting at Bangkok. I didn't really minded, cause believe it or not, Thai Airways is my favourite airlines! Why? The next next photo will tell you why. 


I flew off Sunday evening just before sunset and caught this beautiful view of Singapore and Malaysia. It was such a powerful photo to me cause Malaysia is my homeland, and Singapore is my current home, separated by the Straits of Johor. Teary eye moment there....


And as I was saying, Thai Airways is my favourite airline. It was also the first flight I ever took to Phuket when I was a teenager. The reason I love it so much was the serve the best food in any airline I've ever flown! And that includes business class in Singapore Airlines! I'm a sucker for Thai curry I guess. Plus the Thai hospital is just so gentle and lovely. 


I arrived in Bangalore past midnight, and had to trust the hotel driver to deliver me safely to the hotel. There is always these horror story of ladies travelling alone in India, and how it was not safe to do so. This was my 4th trip to India, so I wasn't so nervous, yet the concern was always there in the back of my mind. Lucky for me, nothing happen. I reached the hotel, and was more than happy to settle in as I had to work the next day. 


Hotels in India has the best hospitality. It's like if you are rich in India, everyone treats you like royalty. The room was big, but with not much view. It was a Sheraton Hotel under Marriott Group. My boss wanted to stay here cause it was a newer hotel than Marriott. Plus it was also just opposite our office. 


The bathroom comes with a long bath, which I totally adore. I could soak in a bath daily, a bad but relaxing habit from my days traveling around Japan. It is just such a soothing ritual. I remember my last trip when I was in Gurgaon, they also have a long bath there, and it just washes away all the stress of the day when you reach home (a.k.a. your room).


Fluffy towers and wonderful ayurveda toiletries are just the norm in India hotels, and I love those as well as they always smell so wonderful. 


The hotel was a guarded property, and there was a mall just opposite it. We have our breakfast daily before headed to work. It has a pool and stuff, but I spend most of my time after work going out with my manager as he took me to wonderful restaurants to try out the food and shop for food. He seems to enjoy it so much there. I too enjoyed the food. I recall the tandoori panner we had that was just out of this world!


India hotel always have some small personal touch they give to their guess. On our last day before checking out, they even presented my boss with a "Happy Journey" pancake for his breakfast. None for me though. I guess they knew who is the boss! 


Lastly, here's a view of how near by office is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments