Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) SA Business Class from Johannesburg to Sao Paulo


We continued on our journey to Sao Paulo via South African Airlines. The view as we were leaving Africa was as per above. It was around late morning, so the sun was up and I could have a good view of South Africa. I was so flat! I guess this is what they call a savannah?


We were still in Business Class, but SA doesn't give you individual seat pods. So you have some stranger sitting next to you....bummer! And the chairs don't go all the way horizontal! The torture! Ha. Just kidding, I'm just happy to be flying free! To anywhere!


Here's another thing to learn, Amarula is a drink made in Africa! I learn that while browsing at the duty free shop. So on the flight when meals were about to be serve, I ask for the drink. They serve it on the rock with the miniature bottle. The bottle looked so cute! They open one to serve you, and gave you another one to top it up. I love it so much cause it taste chocolaty. I also love the before meal snack of finger food. 


 Next came the soup, which I also love. I guess light food is my preference when I am flying long haul.


For main I pick the fish, and it was served with barley. The barley was kinda tasteless, so I left that. I knew it would be ok cause I was betting they will serve cheese next. 


Lo and behold, the love of my life! Cheese and crackers! I was beyond happy! So I happily munched my snacks while finding something to watch on the entertainment unit. 


After the cheese came the coffee and chocolate. How sweet! Was full by then, so I kept the chocolate for later. I might have nap a bit, I can't remember. Everything was a blur by that time. But I remember when the pilot told us that we were flying either out of Africa or approaching South America. Hahaha. I can't remember. But isn't the photo below just beautiful?


I guess from the direction of the flight the above photo should be of South America, right?


Anyway, I decided to start on my chocolate, and was so happy to see one of them is actually a dark chocolate. My favourite!


They serve us another snack before we landed in Sao Paulo. By this time the language has started to slowly switch to Portuguese. South African Airlines gave us a toiletry pack that contains all the usual things you may need on a long haul flight. When you compare it to SQ, SQ doesn't give out such items any more. Which is kinda wasted, cause surely these things don't cost much and could leave such a good impression. Considering the price SQ charge, I think it's such a bad decision to stop this special gift packs to passenger, especially when other airlines are still giving them away and delighting their passenger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments