Saturday, April 18, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - Departure from Changi Airport


Since I've already organised and edited my Brazil photo album, I thought I'll start blogging about it and hopefully I can complete this within the month of April 2020! This was my second business trip to Sao Paulo, Brazil. And I was travelling with my boss, which means better flight and better accommodation! It was a full moon that night of my departure. It was always an unearthly hour flight, departing on Saturday late night, and reaching there Saturday early morning. I was flying Singapore Airlines, and had a lot of waiting time at the airport Terminal 3. 


Which so much time, I decided to enjoy the lounge since I was flying business class. I was shocked to see there where so many people in the Business Class lounge that I decided I will go back at a later time since my flight was like 1am plus or so. While walking on the 2nd floor of the airport, I came across many luxury shops that I wasn't aware off. Wow! Rich people have their own shops! Well, actually these shops are open to everyone, its just that I've never seen them before because I've never ventured to where all the business class lounges were. So it was an eye opener to me, whether the airport kept all their high end shops. 


Take for example this alcohol shop that was 2 storeys, and looked more like a museum than the usual duty free shop. It was mainly focus on whiskey and had all information on this drink. The price tag of the whiskeys were also at a way higher end than those I am usually used to seeing in the duty free shop. I wasn't going to buy anything from here, but I couldn't help stepping in to take a look at the mini exhibit on whiskey. The display was just too beautiful. 


I also stumbled across a 2 storey Louis Vuitton shop. I will have another entry on that cause I love the mini exhibition they had on the 2nd floor. Together with the alcohol and bag stores, there were many cosmetic stores and spa whether if you have a long wait, I guess you can do a full makeover while you are at the airport. I didn't venture into any of them as they all look kinda intimidating for my salary range. 


Nearer to midnight, I decided to head back to the lounge, betting that the crowd had thinned out by then. Lucky me, my hunch was correct! Finally I can relax and enjoy the business class lounge. The only problem was, I wasn't hungry. It was past midnight, and I was feeling kinda sleepy. But there was one thing I love about the SQ lounge, and that was their TWG teas!


So what I did was helped myself to some cheese, took a bunch of TWG tea and stuff them in my carry on bag, and made my self a nice Vanilla Bourbon Tea and sat down the enjoy it. Only one problem.... the tea was too hot! I tried myself to enjoy it, but the clock was ticking, and I had to rush to my departure lounge soon. But look at the photo below. How could you possibly rush tea?


I gave my self 30mins to rush to the departure lounge after finishing up, thinking that the gate closes 10mins before departure anyway, I should have plenty of time, right? Hahahaha. The gate closes 30mins before departure. I was one of the few that arrive last while they were closing up the gate! Close call! I was thinking how my boss would have reacted if I missed the flight with him and he had to go to Brazil on his own! It was his first trip there, so I was supposed to guide him along. What a scare! But thank goodness, all of us made it to the flight in time for our super long flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments