Monday, April 27, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - Ave Paulista


We went to our third spot on our first Sunday to Ave Paulista. This was highlight recommend by the hotel receptionist, and I'm glad I finally came to visit this famous road! On Sunday the roads are close, and anything can happen on the road! It was a full carnival!


The above shot was taken from the art gallery along the road. Brazil is famous for it's crazy graffiti. I will have a few post of the madness of graffiti there one day. But for now, please enjoy some tamer version here first. 


Ave Paulista was crowded on a Sunday. People just came and chill everywhere. You can almost do anything there, including sleep on the road if you want to. People were selling things, illegal stalls peddling food, and lots and lots of free acts to watch. From singing to dancing, to drums. I love the energy and vibe of the place, especially the music and dancing. I could have stay there whole day and dance along with them. 


It's a place or art and culture I guess. I even found Bukowski in Portuguese here!


After walking the road and back, we decided to have lunch/dinner, we weren't sure anymore. My boss had pizza hut, and I went for beef and salsa. I have salsa every meal whenever I could have it. I love the sour and tangy taste of it. It is one of the reason I love South America!


On our way back, we saw more people gathering just to celebrate life! How beautiful. And so that was how we ended our first weekend in Brazil. We also say a drag queen in roller skate wheezing along the road. Unforgettable experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments