Friday, April 24, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - My Service Apartment


This was my first time staying in a service apartment during a business trip, and I was very excited about it. I was imagining a studio apartment all to myself. Above is what my room looks like. It was a lot small than what I imagined it to be. In fact, it was kinda claustrophobic for me. 


The bedroom came with an attached bathroom, which was the only bathroom in the unit anyway. There was a long bath there, but I don't recall using it. 


Toiletries were provided for, but there were just the normal type, nothing special about. Since I already got a whole drawer full of these miniature travel toiletries, I didn't take any of these home with me. I only used what I needed. 


There was a big living room which I spend most of my free time in because it was so spacious as compare to the bedroom. I'm usually chilling at the sofa. I also have any of my own cooked meals here at the coffee table. I live this room the best because there is actually a balcony to the right of it. I love balconies!


There are two high chairs connecting the living room and the kitchen. Sometimes I have snacks and supper there too. Good for drinking. the room is meant for two person, but I have all these all to myself. 


Next is the kitchen area on the left. It has a microwave which I don't really know how to use to cook hot water which I need for my instant noodles. After a few days, I went down to the receptionist and ask if they have a water kettle instead. I was so happy they gave me once so that I can finally enjoy all the TWG tea I got from the airport lounge!


There is also a fridge which I used to store all my alcohol. And what I thought was a washing machine next to the fridge turns out to be a dish washer. I was deeply disappointed as I think a washing machine would have been so much more useful to me. I later found out that they do provide free washing machine at the basement or something which you can use for free. But I was used to washing my own clothes by then. 


Lastly here is the best part of the room, the balcony.  My favourite thing to do is to open up the sliding door and just let the cool air come in. I get to listen to the sound of the neighbourhood too. Sometime it is so comfortable that I might have doze off on the sofa with the door open. I wasn't wondering how safe was it to do so. I was on the 14 floor I think. But I could see graffiti at the other buildings which may or may not higher floor than mine. It was just so relaxing to enjoy the cool breeze, something I don't get the moment I get back to Singapore....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments