Sunday, April 19, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - Louis Vuitton Shop @ Changi Airport


This post is about the beautiful Louis Vuitton shop in Changi Terminal 3. I never knew it existed before until now, and was pretty impressed with it that I am dedicating a whole post to it. I am not a Louis Vuitton fan, although I have contemplated getting one before. But the price was just too high for me to comprehend why I would need such an expensive bag for. But that doesn't stop me from admiring its beautify. The shop looked more like an exhibition museum than a duty free shop. They even have a helicopter hanging at the ceiling of it's 2 storey store!


On the second floor is a small exhibition of some historical artefact of its brand I guess. They looked like they were from another era, and looked so classy that I can't help myself taking photos of almost all the exhibit items there. It reminded me a long ago British people flying off with big luggages to Africa or something! Which, incidentally where the first leg of my flight was headed - South Africa. 


The poster on display was just so retro looking and classy. I have no idea how much a LV actually cost. I think a friend of mine spend like a month of her salary to get one. One of the reason I didn't get one (apart from the price) was it was so popular with the Chinese population that there were a lot of counterfeit bags in Asia, and I guess, the world? An old man once tried to sell me an imitation bag for just 20SGD in Hong Kong. I was tempted to buy it, but then, what is the point? Right?


So here I was instead, admiring the classy LV exhibit and sharing them with you. I have been to their flagship store in Paris before. A friend of mine have request me to help him buy a wallet then. It was quite an intimidating shopping experience for me. Nothing like what I may expect shopping in Paris. For one, a mainland China lady attended to me instead of a French lady. I guess they taught the language barrier would be resolve this way. Ha! I could barely understand her mandarin. So we switched to English instead. The wallet was out of stock, and a bus of mainland China tourist just arrived, so they have no more time to entertain me cause I was only looking for a small wallet.... 


Anyway, let us continue to enjoy these beautiful photos of LV propaganda. 


The above one kinda got a chuckle from me. Perhaps flying Air India was a luxury then? India, an exotic destination affordable only to the very rich back then? It was a cute graphic art all the same. I walked away happily with my SQ departure pass in my pocket. 


I do love the design of the above LV bag. Look at all the compartment and details. Do people travel with some much things in the past? I travel with only a small bag that can be a carry on even for a 2 weeks business trip. I hate carry loads around. It seems so senseless to me to carry so much weight around when you are supposed to be enjoying the journey more than the material things. After I started washing my clothes while I travel, I hardly ever need anything more than a carry on bag whenever I travel. 


Lastly, the above was the only possible usable bag in the exhibit, in a shape of brown box and green leather. Love it! To date, I've not own a LV in my collection. I do own a Hermes, a Prada, and a BurberryBlue Label wallet which is a Japan exclusive line of Burberry. But all are wallet than can fit into my jean pocket which I love. A jewelry shop assistant once told me it was a waste of money to buy branded bag that small if you can't show it off to people. I just chuckle and walked away after purchasing my platinum chain from her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments