Monday, April 20, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - SQ Business Class Singapore to Johannesburg


Finally we boarded the 1st leg of our flight. I've grown accustomed to having a champaign during take off. I tooth above photo as a memory shot as it shows the date and time and flight information. This was my 3rd time flying on a business class and all I can say is, I can never get tired of this luxury!


It is a known joke with my colleagues that business class tickets are a waste on me. My legs could hardly touch the other end of the chair! Plus I don't really drink alcohol on flights. Sometimes I don't even watch the movies available on the flight, preferring to read of listen to music instead. Even for the food, I usually skip most of the meat item and go with vegetarian or fish on long flights. 


Above is another memory shot. Whenever you fly SQ, you always have high expectation, especially since their ticket cost so much! So you gotta enjoy every single second of it!


Unlike Ethiopian Airlines, the super than SQ serve was flight and just nice for before bed snack. I had a smoked salmon sandwich and was surprise that it was so light. But after that I was quite thankful for it cause it was a long flight and you don't want to be bloated all the way. 


The benefit of flying SQ for long haul flight is that you can sleep horizontally comfortably! I woke up to a nice breakfast of mixed fruits and orange juice. Again, the portion was just nice. 


But probably due to the red-eye flight, I was still feeling kinda beaten up, so I ordered an espresso to clear my head. It wasn't on the menu, but it was available anyway. Kudos to that! For long haul flight, I've gotten used to asking for things I need even if it's not offered in the menu, cause I hate being grumpy in a 10 hour flight!


Breakfast came with eggs and sausages. The sausages are never appetising no matter which airlines I fly in, so I kinda just ate the tomatoes, potatoes and eggs and left the sausages half eaten. I guess one of the steward notices that, and when he was walking past me, he offered me oatmeals. I wasn't really hungry, but he say trust him these are good. So I said yes, and he serve me the below oats which tasted just heavenly! One thing I must comment is, the steward/stewardess on SQ are usually super attentive in Business Class, and they usually read a passenger like a book. They always know when I don't want to be disturb, or when they can offer something extra to make my flight more memorable or more pleasant. On my own I could never bring myself to folk out the money to afford a SG Business Class flight, so I feel fortunate to be able to experience all these free of charge while working :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments