Thursday, April 30, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - Ibirapuera Park


Ibirapuera Park was 15 minutes walk from our hotel. So on the first free Saturday we were there, my boss finally decided we could do with some exercise. So we took a short walk there to enjoy the weekend atmosphere. Above is the view of Ave Paulista from the park. I love the building skyline. You can see most of the famous building in that one picture. I also use it for my slides presentation, just to make it more personal. 


Ibirapuera Park is huge, and it is divided into so many areas. The gate nearest to our hotel have this row of bamboos lining the path which is so beautiful! This was before my Kyoto trip, so I took a photo of it, just in case I never manage to visit the famous bamboo forest of Kyoto at Arashiyama. The fact that all the Brazilian guys are so good looking is also a plus point to go visit the park in the morning!


This time round, with a travelling companion, I wasn't so paranoid about my safety. We took quite a leisure walk around the park. Everyone was just chilling or exercising, and it felt totally safe. I finally took a nice photo of the Niemeyer building, the one that looks like a spaceship. This time round, I even managed to walk all around it.


Here's a picture of me looking happy with the famous building as the back drop. 


We also cross the road to visit the Monumento to the Banderas. It looked pretty impressive, and probably the cheesiest thing you can do here is to take a photo with it. 



And so I did! 


Continue on with the walk, there were beautiful trees and flowers and ponds there. Everything was huge as compare to the Singapore botanic garden. I think we were there for almost 2 hours before finding our way back to the hotel. 


I really like the atmosphere here as it is just so relaxing. They put out lazy chairs for you to laze around in. You can purchase drinks and snacks and just sit and enjoy the life going on all around you. There were clowns entertaining kids, people dancing, people doing yoga, people doing martial arts, and lots and lots of people cycling and jogging. Lots of furry pets too. A very family and friends wholesome place to be. So I'll end this post with some lazy chairs for you to reflect on why we are always in a hurry in life, when there is so much more joy in it if we only slowed down......


Next post - Brazil's famous graffiti! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments