Saturday, April 11, 2020

March 2020


Covid19 has gone global by March. So much so that we had to cancel and reschedule our planned trip to Gold Coast. It was just one week before we were due to fly off that Australia announced that anyone travelling in would need to be quarantined 14 days! Lucky for us, we have not made any lost by cancelling our trip. I felt so grateful that all the hotels and airlines were so understanding in allowing refunds and rescheduling. I initially wanted to try for May, but am now glad I didn't. It looks like it's going to be a long battle with Covid19. Hopefully I get to visit by the 2nd half of the year. 


Since I couldn't travel, I could only enjoy myself in Singapore. Although the public was advice to stay home, there were a lots of promotion going around. One of it was a 50% off for Garden By the Bay and Floral Fantasy. It was Cherry Blossom season, and I've never experience a 花見"Hanami " before. I've also wanted to visit the Floral Fantasy in January but the Cruise departure time was too early that time, so I didn't quite made it there. But now, everything was 50% off! I felt so generous that I took the whole family there! (me, my husband and my in-laws).


One of my bucket list item is to experience Cherry Blossom in Japan once day. And I plan to visit there for 3 months to have a Cherry Blossom overload! I am thinking of going in February, and stay till end of April. It would be lovely to travel around Japan. I am planning to do this when I quit my full time job for real. Hopefully that will be soon, another year or two. But in the mean time, Garden By The Bay was good enough for me. There were really beautiful and romantic. I was glad I went to visit. Due to Covid19, it was also not crowded. It's a win-win situation for me. 


For some reason, I also started baking in March. It started with cinnamon rolls, and quickly escalated to coffee rolls, hot dog buns, peanut nutella, cranberry cream cheese, nutella orange etc. I love the smell of bake dough. I love the touch of dough. Overall it is a very relaxing hobby. It doesn't cost a lot, and it's filling. It also saves me money cause I can eat the buns as a meal, as a snack, or as weekday snacks. So now I'm baking buns every Sunday afternoon. And it goes so well with my coffee or tea! Which bring us to the next highlight of the month - Coffee!


We drink really gourmet coffee at home. I don't drink coffee outside cause its expensive, and most of the time I don't like the taste. My husband makes me latte in the morning from all the oversea coffee beans I got him last year. We are pretty much hooked on Ethiopian and Brazilian coffee and wonder what we are going to do once all our stocks are gone. It's not like I could just fly there regularly to top up those beans! But lucky for me, I am also hooked on these Japanese drip coffee. There are so soothing and delicious!  I only drink these during the weekend as a form of rewarding myself. The nicest so far is a brand call Doutor coffee which I got from Kyoto last year. I have since finished those, and am now back to my regular UCC brand. It is my small pleasure in life. I drink them black, no milk, no sugar. And oh how they calm my nerves! 


Lastly, here is another beautiful coffee from one of our favourite French bistro call Cafe Du Vinn at Shaw Tower. I treated my husband to a set lunch when I got my bonus from my last job. The steak there was equally delicious! We had a lovely day at Orchard with less crowd than normal due to Stay Home advice from the government. Did so much shopping and felt so relax. I wish Orchard could be like that all the time.... I would enjoy shopping there so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments