Saturday, March 10, 2018

February 2018


It has been almost a month since I last post. Apologies for that. A lot has happened, so I'll try to catch up in the coming entries. But since we can't let a good schedule book go to waste, we have to continue to do the monthly goal recap. 

So what was the highlight of February? 
  • Well there was the Chinese New Year in Singapore and in Penang. Lots of material for that coming up soon. 
  • My goal to lose weight was a disaster not only because of the celebration meal, but also from feeling down a lot, due to some personal issues and work challenges. I'll blog about that soon (not a negative post, but more on how I pick myself up whenever I'm feeling down kinda post). 
  • After January's awesome awesome rock concern, I attended the Kumar 50 birthday show with friends. Will write about that soon as well. 


But mainly I am trying to get back on the track to blog daily again. The motivation factor was mainly because I wrote it down as a goal in my pretty book and I need to update at least once a month because of that. Also, I got a request to blog about my Hokkaido trip in Dec 2016- Jan 2017. So that will be the restart topic for me to start working on. But for today, let's just warm up.


So this is my default position whenever I am at home. It's either here on the sofa, or on my bed. I just realise that I can blog on the dining table, coffee table, or even my study table, but I usually end up blogging on my bed. I am a very "nua" person. And recently I realise that I have been very addicted to my phone, whether it's social media, youtube, or just playing games. I could just spend hours, days, or week just being glued to the phone. So admitting your fault is the first step to recovery! I am trying to cut down! I haven't also been exercising.... so that has got to change! I've hit my heaviest weight so far! This all has got to STOP!


So let's start improving from now forward by rebooting this blog (again). I was doing so well before that, right? Well, I should be able to do better now. 17-Jan, I decided to let go of a heavy baggage I carry around, and life has been pretty much directionless since. It wasn't a bad thing. It was in fact, a good thing. I realise I can let go and move on, and that can make me a stranger person. So maybe while I was away, I was just recovering and building up my energy to live better. Above is a photo of a drive into the city during one evening. The scene was so beautiful I was asked to snap a photo of it. It's fitting now, showing the beautiful evening ahead :)


So I'm also urning to my grateful frogs for inspiration. Their offerings of flowers daily at my door steps never fail to cheer me up. These frogs are from Bali, and the ritual of the Bali people offering prayers and gift to their deities are really inspiring, cause they always dress up in their best for it, and they do it daily early in the morning. I think they were on to something. Maybe I should start my own little ritual too? I also love it that my purple flowers are back in bloom again and that there are colours once more in my garden thanks to my hubby. He has been working hard on the garden. I'll leave this beautiful red hibiscus here to thank him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments