Monday, March 12, 2018

My Meidi-Ya Haul


I have been more relaxed with my spending recently. And while out shopping with my husband at Meidi-Ya Liang Court, I decided to redo a subscriber box experience and got all the things that I wanted to try. Above was our haul which my husband ended up paying for cause his stuff was way more expensive than mine! But I enjoyed the experience so much it felt like I've been to Japan and back, but without the expensive airfreight and accommodation cost! I should do this more often! Actually, I've headed to Don Don Donki tomorrow morning, but that's leave that for another post. (FYI I'm writing this on a Saturday night...)

So let me introduce you to the things that I got. First stop is this Custard Pudding ready mix. I have always been making caramel, and I foreseen the left over milk in my fridge is going to expire soon, so I got this in anticipation. These are slightly more expensive than the silver bird caramel mix, and actually make less servings! But I've switch to these anyway cause omg, the caramel sauce is to die for!



Next I was actually looking for marple syrup milk tea which I saw from YouTube, but I found these instead. I've heard about these before and head that sometimes they were sold out quite fast. I found these in Meidi-ya today and decided to give it a try. These are Asam Milk Tea! Made with natural water! And look! It's transparent like water! Can't wait to try these. Was wondering I should do I blind test to see if I can tell the different. This thing is so mind blowing for me even if I know its all chemistry.


Dried squid for my husband. Skip!


You can actually find near expiring date items in Meidi-Ya at a discounted price. I got these strawberry milk for SGD1.50. OK, it's still kinda expensive, but it's from Japan! They also have it in coffee and espresso flavour, but I have my own coffee milk maker at home, so I didn't bother getting those.

And lastly, the ramen that was the sole purpose of own trip down to Liang Court in the first place. Santouka Ramen was having a promotion on 10-Mar, selling SGD3 ramen at their store in Central. Unfortunately the queue was so long that we gave up eating it. So when I saw these on sale in Meidi-ya, I got a pack of it even though it was like more than SGD3! If you are in Japan, you can also get these as a bowl instant noodles from any 7-Eleven. Santouka is my favourite ramen! So gotta buy it whenever I see it in Singapore! 


Ref:
Meidi-Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments