Saturday, March 17, 2018

PeiShi's Visit to Orchard


I thought I'll take a break from food here and show you around what we saw long our walk along Bugis to Orchard. Above is a kinda art gallery/school building along the path we pass. I don't know, maybe it's the number "51" that caught my attention, or the way how retro it look inside. Like our primary school or something. I just snapped a photo to it. It gave me a rustic kinda feel to it.


Speaking of rustic, we found this painting on the wall at Hotel Rendezvous. I love paintings on the wall. And the lack of colour for this one kinda make it have a minimalist feel to it. I love the minty green Vespa in it as well, and the iconic yellow school bus. 


Above is what the actual Hotel Rendezvous look like inside its courtyard. I always think that the building has so much potential, but it always look like it just couldn't be bothered. I've heard that they had some financial difficulties in the past as well, and I guess they are still trying to recover from it....


During PeisShi's visit, StarWars was just released, so even though it was slightly after Christmas 2017, StarWars decoration could even be seen in Orchard Road. Above was taken at Orchard Center. I guess they thought anything white and red could pass for Christmasy?


And lastly, perhaps just gearing up too early for Valentine? Orchard Central was decorated with Love Cafe themed, with flowers, and even fake bakery. It does look lovely and French chic, but still, Valentine was like 2 months away..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments