Tuesday, March 13, 2018

PeiShi's Visit to Mellower Bugis - Part 1


I decided to blog about my friend's Pei Shi's trip to Singapore first since I am currently sitting in CBTL Orchard now trying to work on my blog. I thought a start to a coffee post would be quite appropriate. But after some editing of the photos, it looks like this is going to be a 3 part entry as there is just so much to say about my favourite coffee shop. And in case you haven't guess it yet, it's Mellower Coffee. I've been writing a lot about this place recently, you can check out the previous post here. And since my long time friend was visiting me back in December 2017, I decided to bring her to this place. Above is our food buzzer, taken at the 2nd floor of Mellower Coffee Bugis shop. The three part of this series will be about the Food you can try there, the Goods sold there, and the beautifully decorated Shop/Cafe. So let's start!


We met at the Bugis MRT, and it is a short walk there to Mellower. I've the whole day's planned up for us, but we needed a small breakfast to start of first. So we ordered one curry chicken puff to share. I wanted to save my tummy for my lunch later, but regretted it when I took the last bite of that puff. It so yummy! We sat at the 2nd floor of the shop over looking the busy Bugis street. 


The specialty here is their coffee, and they have an interesting selection of coffee. During the period we were there, the feature coffee was their Ondeh-Ondeh coffee and a Rose Coffee. We ordered both. The price of coffee here is a bit on a high side, but trust me, it is totally worth it. 


The ondeh-ondeh coffee has a coconut flavour to it, and very "lemak", and comes with brown sugar syrup. Nice.


I tried the Rose Coffee instead, and the smell of it was just lovely! Very scented. 

It's served as per above, and you must be wondering what that test tube thing is, and why there is an empty glass served together with it. Well the tube contains black sugar as well (I think), and when you pull it out, it will all mix into your coffee, and you can put the tube in the empty jar! Voila. Interesting, these are not the most popular coffee ordered here. The most popular is called "Little Rain" which comes with sugar candy hanging on top of the coffee slowly melting into it. 


The cafe is beautifully decorated, which I will write about in another two separate post, but there are also other types of coffee you can try here. Some sample of the posters are shown here. They were too beautiful not to share. This place reminds me of the beautiful cafe I went to in Vietnam. 


Last post here, which kinda puzzled me, they have a goth coffee sold here. I mean, coffee is already black, how much more black and dark can it get? I guess what they meant was it contains bamboo charcoal powder, but I wouldn't spend my money on this as to be frank, charcoal has no taste, so you are just paying for not much. But the poster was unique and reminded me very much of Van Gogh, so that's why I snapped the above photo. 

That's all for now, next post will be on the things you can actually purchase there since this is a specialty coffee shop. And for those who are living in Penang, there is actually a Mellowcup  Coffee there. Check it out

Ref: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments