Sunday, March 18, 2018

PeiShi's Visit to Paradise Dynasty


We walked all the way to Ion for tea that day. I wanted to try the above looking Xiao Long Bao from Paradise Dynasty. I actually tried two of the flavour before when I went there with my colleagues for a night out. But it haunts me that I've not tried all the flavour. I needed closure! I needed to know how all of them taste like when they come together. So I drag PeiShi there with me :P


Since it was a weekday (I took time off for this!), there wasn't a queue or anything and we managed to get a seat. It was the first time I had a good look at the restaurant, and it does look kinda impressive and high-end. In my previous visit, we were seated outside at the balcony as they don't take reservation, and most of my Japanese colleagues were late. Well, this time we sat comfortable inside. But the service of the staff was really bad. Ok, maybe bad isn't the exact word. It's very Hong Kong life. Lol. Very typical Chinese restaurant where service staff shout around and talk with other colleagues and ignore you. It was a pity cause the place look so impressive, and even the food and deco looks fine. 


Anyway, moving back to the food, this is how it is served. It comes with an explanation paper to explain each flavour, and in which sequence you should eat it from. They don't recommend adding vinegar to these as it would cover the delicate taste of the food. 


So from left to right we have: Original - normal tasting, Ginseng - not too strong in terms of herb smell, Foie Gras - lovely, Black Truffle - also lovely for me, Cheesy - here's where it went downhill for me, Crab Roe - super fishy, Garlic - super smelly, Szechuan - just chilli oil taste. I realise I like the subtle flavour ones better, and it's kinda disappointing that it just goes downhill after that. Cause the lasting impression you get was just too strong in your mouth. Would I go back now that I've tasted it? Nope. I prefer the Yam Xiao Long Bao at Ding Tai Fong anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments