Monday, March 19, 2018

PeiShi's Visit to Hawkerman


For dinner, I dragged my friend to Payar Lebar Post Centre. I wanted to try Hawkerman which I have tried going to, but was always full with a long queue outside. Weekdays off are the best! We managed to get in!


It's a modern restaurant/fast food selling fusion hawker fare. You have to sit down, and go to the counter to order and pay. They give you a buzzer like shown below, and when it's buzz, you go collect your food.



Since we were both quite food, we ordered Hokkien Prawn noodles to share, and popiah with salted egg sauce and fried chicken wings. I guess I was expecting a lot judging from all the great review of the place. Sadly I was left disappointed. The food just wasn't tasty enough for my palate. The salty egg sauce didn't delivery and kick at all, and the fried chicken wing was not intense enough. The chicken skin in my pasar malam in Penang taste better than these! The only tasty thing here was the chilli padi in the popiah, lol. The Hokkien Noodle always wasn't something to rave about. It was missing some good old spicy sambal lah! Will I go back? Probably to try their other dishes. Probably for snacks. That's about it. Don't really recommend it. 


I just snapped the above photo for fun. It's Mr Teh Tarik opposite Hawkerman. I love the design. Since when did a Teh Tarik shop logo look so darn cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments