Friday, March 16, 2018

PeiShi's Visit to Santouka


Next stop was for lunch, and we walked from Bugis to Somerset for lunch. I took her to Santouka, my favourite ramen shop in Singapore. I know some people like Ippuddo or some other branded ramen,  but I've always like Santouka since the first time I ate there. They have on branch in Somerset near Cuppage, and the other one at Central Clark Quay.


I basically always order the same thing whenever I am there, and that is their set menu that comes of one salad, one regular miso ramen, and one pork belly rice, and tea. The ramen itself is already superb, but the pork belly rice is really something too. It really melts in your mouth. And the whole set is less than SGD20, which I think it's very value for money, considering Ippudo will cost me SGD15 just for one bowl of ramen  that smells kinda funny to me. Santouka for me anytime. In fact, I also had it for dinner tonight, but the instant noodle version. I got a pack during my Meidi-ya Haul shopping. Even the instant noodle taste delicious with just the noodles and soup base. I did add just spring onions and onsen egg in it to make it a balance meal.....The cup noodle version actually has more stuff in it. If you're ever in 7-Eleven Japan, always get one and try!


Above is what the cup noodles look like. They actually have it on display at the shop in Cuppage! And needless to say I got all excited and even ask if they sold it there. Unfortunately, the answer was no, they were for display only..... bummer.


Oh well, here's a photo of it to make up for the lost. Now I feel like going there this weekend to get my fix. Sigh. We tried going there last Saturday for their anniversary celebration, but the queue was just so long that we gave up waiting....Sigh.

Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments