Sunday, March 11, 2018

Food That Makes Me Happy


Recently I've been feeling below the weather. It got so bad that I couldn't even wake up last Monday to go to work. My head was feeling dizzy at the thought of facing my colleagues with their endless question in the office. I needed to have some peace and quiet time for myself. So I took a day off. And basically wreck havoc to my diet. Food has always been my comfort companion. It my weight is starting to show how much I depend on it. But eating good food does make me feel better, so I decided to let go and just eat until I felt better, lol. So this is a post of what happened to me, and what I eat to cheer myself up. It starts with a cup of flat white from Mellower Espresso at my town office basement. Although they cost like SGD5.20, I still order it. It makes me feel calm, and elegant and worthy I guess. So I indulged in it while I still can afford to.


Some weekends were tougher than others. Above is my breakfast in one of those weekends. I guess it looked kinda healthy now, but cupcakes for breakfast? Cheers me up to no end. I love Twelve Cupcakes after these episodes. And interestingly, I always turn to eat when I feel like I need to calm down. I have been drinking tea non-stop daily, which I guess, is a good thing? The purple thing you see there are dragon fruits. Not my favourite fruit, but it was just there in the fridge...


Whenever I feel stress, I tend to eat a very high protein diet. Above was part of my lunch: fried egg, a can of cocktail sausages (yes one whole can in one sitting), and some edamame. I almost finished one pack of edamame on that day. 


Still not feeling any less shittier, I decided to try dark chocolate. During my post grad, I finished a box of Royce chocolate a week. And during the last big project I've ever been involved in 4 years back, I was eating slices of chocolate cake almost daily!


When I finally managed to get myself together, I had these for dinner. That was after a few dinner of tonkastu and sushi on the same week. I read that fatty fish helps when you are feeling depress. So fatty fish I ate. 


For snacks, or light breakfast, I had these Japanese buns which I got at 50% off from Changi Airport. They were sugary as hell. I will need to cut down on my sugar consumption really soon!


And lastly before I head to bed, another cupcake and tea. But seriously, don't be alarm. I didn't eat all the above in a single day. But it was part of what I consumed in a week! Am I feeling better now? I don't know. I am feeling fatter that's for sure! Lol. I've decided to go out more cause I can't trust myself at home with my handphone at all!


While trying to find some direction, I've gotten myself this Happy Card. It's a SIM card that can be used while I am overseas. I have two trip planned coming up, one to Bangkok, and another to Korea. So I thought this card would be helpful. Will write a review about it when I start using it. Still wondering which phone to install this on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments