Saturday, March 31, 2018

Chitose Yakiniku Dinner


Since we arrived kinda late, we were rather hungry and cold. So the first thing we did was look for dinner. We didn't want to eat in the hotel, so we went out for a walk in the snow looking for food instead. My husband found this place, and at first I thought it was a korean BBQ. But since there wasn't much of a choice and I hated walking in the slippery snow, we went in here. 


The place is call Tokuju Yakiniku, and it was packed. A group of Chinese went in before us and we queued behind them, and for some reason, they were turned away. I spoke my minimum Japanese with them and we were seated in no time :) What can I say, always learn the local language!


This was our first meal, and frankly the menu looks kinda expensive for me. So haha, husband decided to give me a treat! Yay!


We ordered a set so that the cost was kinda controlled. It looks sufficient I guess. The whole meal cost around SGD60 or SGD80 for two person. I guess the meat was kinda premium? I can't really tell. 


Different part of the meat was served as part of the set, a long with some minimum vegetable, mainly onions and pumpkin. 


And you have to cook them yourself. But I must say, this was one of the best Yakiniku I've ever eaten! Probably because I was so cold and hungry. 


My husband ordered a ramen as well cause he wanted something warm and soupy. It didn't taste that bad either. For a similar service of such bbq meat, you could probably get it for around SGD20 in HCM :P  Just saying. Japan is a very expensive country!


Here's me in the snow outside the shop. It's amazing I am not freezing myself silly. I guess the weather wasn't too bad when we arrived. It got worst along our trip before clearing up a little. Basically, at the end of the trip when I saw the weather forecast showing -1 degrees, I was relief that it was finally warm again! At -1 degrees! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments