Monday, February 12, 2018

Mala Xiang Guo 麻辣香锅


I have been addicted to 麻辣香锅 since I first tasted it 4 years back. It is super spicy and salty and so addictive. I found a lovely 麻辣香锅 at Bedok, and sometimes goes there for my weekly fix. It cost me around SGD7 for 5 ingredient. I more or less always pick the same things: sweet potato noodles, soya stick, tofu, mushrooms, and big intestine. One of my colleague found out I love 麻辣香锅 and gave me this pack of sauce to try when I was just wondering out loud whether I can cook this at home. It was the same colleague who have gave me pu er tea to try after finding out I love tea. Isn't my colleague awesome! So I decided one Saturday to try it out. The package came with 2 100ml 麻辣香锅 sauce. So I only used one to make the below dishes. Ingredient used: Kangkong, garlic, soya stick, mushroom, pork meatballs, and tofu.


It was super easy to make, and my whole house was filled with fragrant of 麻辣香锅! So lovely! I added fried peanut as garnish and it tasted so good! I forgot to get some coriander to go with it. Maybe next time!


So all that gave me a big bowl of 麻辣香锅, and I ate it with mee sua cause potato noodles were too expensive for me to buy. It was enough for me to eat it for one dinner, and as an accompanying dish the next day for two meals, and even enough to pack a bento with rich for the weekday! Looking forward to cooking the other pack since I already have all the ingredient ready at home! But more importantly, I gotta go stock up on more sauce! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments