Saturday, April 6, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Kaohsiung Sizihwan Broadwalk Cliff


There was a cliff at the end of the beach walk. Lots of broadwalk stairs leading up to a small hill. Of course I went up. I wanted to get as closed to the island lighthouse as I could! To be honest, it wasn't really that high anyway. Just a 5 minutes walk up, but what a view!


These are some of the stairs path going up. I took it from the top, so it looked like it was leading down to the sea :) Below was the concrete platform where all the anglers were having a good time chatting with each other and not catching much fish.

 
This is the view looking back. It looked like I have walked a long way here!


I took quite some time waiting to capture this guy from the opposite side of the river fishing.


And here you can see the lighthouse. Below is a sign that says KaohSiung Port. You can actually walk up to the light house. From the cliff platform I was standing from, I could see people making themselves up. They would wave to me, so I also wave back :) Maybe next time I will go explore that side of the river!


I spend quite a long time at the cliff area, cause the breeze was just awesome, and there were places for me to sit to admire the view. The best part was, there was nobody there! As I came up the stairs and pass some concrete fort area, there was a guy sitting there all alone looking out into the sea. He reminded me of the Kominkan YouTuber who lives in Ise alone. I nodded to him and he nodded back. After that I just walked past him and went down the other side of the platform. He might have wondered what happened to me cause I didn't come back up foo nearby half an hour later :)  Having him there was comforting cause it was quite deserted for me to be there alone. Plus there was just a very calm feel of his presence there. I guess we were both of the same souls :)  We didn't need to talk. We just understood each other. There was no need to make contact. And that was how it felt like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments