Friday, April 26, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Tainan Bus Ride Back from Anping

Getting back to Tainan from Golden Palace was a bit challenging. I didn't know where the bus stop was, so I asked  more aunties, and they pointed me to where I might find a bus stop. Skeptical, I even asked if the bus actually passes there, lol. The bus stop was placed in front of a car garage -______-  There was another solo guy there waiting, so I guess I'm at the right place. Google map did tell me what time the bus was arriving, so I waited. It was a long route. In fact, the bus was going all the way up to Anping again before making a u-turn and going back to town. Yippieeee

I would also like to share with you another bus stop, that can be easier to spot, and has the word Tainan Sightseeing Bus!  But guess what, it only operates  on weekends and public holidays! WHY?????

Anyway, I didn't mind the long bus ride. It has aircon! And the bus was relatively empty, and cheap too! And I get to sightsee along the way!


Lovely view of the river and housing areas along it. 


Finally I made it back to Tainan town. The stop was near the hospital where I started in the morning, so I decided to walk back to the hospital to see if the mantou shop was still open. Along the way, I passed by some alley and snapped the above pix for no reason, really. I just kinda love it. Slice of life photo for me. And thankfully by the time I got there, the mantou store was still open.


Above is my late lunch, of about 2pm? I got a black soya bean milk, I LOVE black soya milk, and it's kinda hard to find in Penang. A very nice Ipoh lady used to sell the nicest black soya milk at Pearl Hill near where I stay, but she stopped selling it after expecting her child. The one I had here was just so-so. I also had a yam mantou. I though it would be yam paste, but it was just cube of yam sticking all over the mantou. Can't complaint really, I love yam in any way, lol. I'm a yam fan! I have one more tourist attraction to visit, but it had to be in the evening, and it's only 5 minutes walk from my hotel. So I stayed in thr hotel with the aircon on, and rested till around dinner time (meaning 5pm for me :P  ) before heading out to my favourite winter melon soup stall!


I ordered the winter melon pork rib soup, and they didn't even protest when I asked for a bowl of rice. I added some prawn rolls too, and oh my god! Delicious prawn roll! I wish I've ordered that yesterday. I told myself I was gonna order that again the next day. Ha! Sadly, this was the only time I managed to eat it. How sad. Maybe I'll go back one day. And have this delicious meal again :)  I still miss it whenever I think about it. It was just such a comforting food in a foreign land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments