Sunday, April 28, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Tainan Chihkan Tower Part 2


What a beautiful sight. I thought I would have been happy just standing outside the gate looking in, not wanting to waste money coming in to see an old house. How wrong I was. Thank you combination ticket. You made me see things I would never have seen on my own :) As the sun set, the Chihkan Tower turned into a whimsical mysterious place. It didn't feel very Chinese actually. It felt almost South East Asian....


The Chinese lanterns started to light up and look even prettier.


And at the courtyard, lights bounces off the concrete walls, stones and sand to create a warm ambiance of the garden.


Ah, the beauty of a Chinese Garden. <3


Outside where the stone tablets were, the lights shined on them, as if to activate them. Have you seen Mulan, the animated movie from Disney? Yes, like in the movies! Tablets activated!


From a different view <3


At the garden, chairs were available to sit and admire the beauty. The garden trees were also lighted up and decorated with auspicious decorations and symbols. 


I'm so happy and glad I somehow stumbled into this wonderland on my own. It was a happiness that was hard to express. The feeling of awe at something so old and beautiful, sometimes can bring a tear to my eyes. As night falls, I left the magical kingdom and made my way back to my hotel.


But along the way, shops were also lighted up so elegantly.


Even old stalls held their charms with Chinese paper lanterns, plastic chairs at the eateries, old uncle cooking up a dish for families, and a scooter parked in front. Somehow, I managed to fall in love with Tainan after grumbling about it yesterday. How easy my heart was stolen by this very humble place. I hope they will stay true to themselves always, and not be swept by the wave of tourism in the future. Good night Tainan. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments