Monday, April 8, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Kaohsiung Sizihwan Morning Break

   

I was early and had time before I meet up with my friend again. I was thirsty from the heat and the long walk. I went into a convenient stall to look for some cold drinks and was surprised that there were sitting areas inside. They even have plants decorating the table! I spend around 30 minutes sitting there enjoying my drink and catching up with my social media :) After that, I walked back to the train station. 


Exploring the train station underground, I saw they were having Hakka Food Expo in Taiwan. I took this photo to share with my husband who is Hakka. Thought he might be interested. 


I also found blur cat station master chop! Apparently it's call BugCat? Aiya I didn't bring my book to chop.


This is how huge the station in KaohSiung is. I was looking for the toilet, and I can't even see the end of the walkway! I tell you, everything is really bigger in KaohSiung!


Here's a map of the area, and I'm inside the station. To get to the toilet, I actually have to walked two roads away underground to reach it! Amazing! Hahahaha. 


Finally, my friend arrived to pick me up. I was expecting a car like yesterday, but she came in a scooter! I was shocked! The last time I got on a scooter was when? I used to sit on one when my Dad was still around. I was always on one when I was a child cause my Dad would bring me everywhere on it. After I got married, my husband actually rode a bike. I guess a bike doesn't count as a scooter. Anyway, the ride to the dessert area was equally exciting! For one, my friend was not familiar with the small roads here, so she drove right into a one way street traffic! But being Taiwan, everyone was very polite and just avoided her! We stopped from some shaved ice as she said it was the thing to do when you were in Sizihwan. I was happy with anything iced in this crazy summer! It was delicious! Especially the fruits! 


After our short morning break, she drove me to some field and drop me there. I told her I wanted to go to Art Pier. So she pointed across the field, and told me to just walk straight ahead and I will reach Art Pier. Yes, walk straight ahead across multiple train track! Sure! When in Taiwan, just do what the locals tell you! What an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments