Sunday, April 14, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - KaohSiung > Tainan via Train

   

At last, my last day in KaohSiung was about to come to an end. It was my last morning there, and I have a late morning train to catch. I laze around a bit, packed up my bags before making my way to the station. 


Here's my ticket to my next destination, Tainan. It was just less than an hour ride away.


Bye Bye Single Inn. I hated the loud lady on my floor, but the hotel itself was pretty great!


Had my last free breakfast of my stay here. The rest of the hotel does not have breakfast included :(


My train to Tainan.


Here is me at my seat. So one of the things I found helpful when I am researching trips online, is whether I can fit my small luggage together with me on the train. I am rather paranoid and don't like to put my luggage at the luggage area. I also don't have much arm muscle, so I hate using the overhead compartment. The train in Taiwan does fit my luggage at the seat area, but it was quite a tight squeeze. It was ok if no one was seated next to me. But if there was someone seated next to me, moving in and out was quite troublesome due to the leg rest that obstructs me from just rolling the luggage in or out.... FYI, I do not have such problem in Japanese train. I can always roll my luggage in :)


Reaching Tainan station, the hotel was a good 15 to 20 minutes walk from the train station. It was quite troublesome with my luggage, as the road wasn't smooth. I followed the main road towards the hotel, and then have to navigate some narrow alley to find the hotel. Thank goodness for GPS! Many reviewer said the hotel was hard to find, but I had no problem. The town of Tainan was filled with small alley ways as it's a very old town. But it was a charming place once you go into the older part of the town. Above photo is the alley where my hotel is at, it is just further down on the left. 


Some of the homes and shops were actually rather pretty! Like this restaurant here. But I checked the prices, and it was quite expensive, and I recall it serves fusion food. There were also other shops and cafe around. I must be quite a poor traveller, I hardly went into any coffee shops or restaurant. Mainly, I just eat street food or where the local would sit down for their meals. I wanted an authentic travel experience. It would be weird if I came all the way here, and had an ice mocha blended, or some italian cuisine!


Anyway, here is my single room. I stayed for 3 nights. There is a super big toilet attached. During the day, it was super hot as the sun shines right in, especially in the toilet. So I did a lot of laundry here! Haha. cause all my clothes would be dry by night time when I come back! There was also a fridge, and I had full control of the aircon. 


Although it was a pretty old style hotel, the locks were pretty high tech. When I checked in, the lady/guy (I don't really know how to address her/him) gave me a hotel card, with my room number, my pin number to open the door of my room, and the pin to open the front door of the hotel should I be back late. The front door pin changes every 3 days, so I had to remember a new number after my third day.... Luckily I didn't manage to lock myself out. I requested no housecleaning, even though the cleaner offered again on my last day. There really wasn't any need for it, I was quite happy having the room all to myself :)


Here's a address side of the hotel card.


And the hotel was like a 5 minutes walk to this beautiful Chihkan Tower! I passed by it many time walking up and down the road looking for food. I also went in one time with my combination ticket. Will have that up when I reach that posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments