Thursday, April 4, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Kaohsiung National Sun Yat-sen University

   

I have to confess, I didn't do much research on Sizihwan. It was kinda last minute plan whether to visit here or not. So when I walked out of the tunnel, I was surprised to find a university campus right in front of me. This was the National Sun Yat-sen University. Wow! Such a famous university, and I managed to find it by accident? But I wasn't really interested in campuses, I wanted to see the black sand beach!


Wandering around the campus looking for the beach, I knew it was just right ahead. But what I found was a garden of banyan trees. Most were almost a century old! Above is a grand tree at one part of the campus. I thought they looked magnificent!


There was something magical about ancient trees. They have been there so long it is as if they knew everything about the place, if only you could ask them to tell you their stories. With their roots all hanging down, they seems to want to touch you and ask you to come closer for them to whisper to you their knowledge. I love these trees. It was kinda like a pre-view for me, cause on my Taiwan itinerary, there was a special banyan tree house on it that I was going to be visiting soon in Tainan. 


Since I was rather early, I managed to see the beautiful morning sun shine right though the magical banyan trees. People must be wondering why I was just hanging around the campus taking photos of trees. Luckily, there weren't many around. 


Searching for the black sand beach proves more difficult than I thought. And as I walked along the path headed to where the beach was, I saw signs warning of stray dogs. I was so not impressed! I hate stray dogs. And the place was quite deserted. So I decided to gave up my search, and turned around to head to the other side of Sizihwan where the town was at, and to cross back to the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments