Sunday, April 7, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Kaohsiung Sizihwan Shaochuantou Yatch Pier


As the sun gets higher and hotter, I decided to make my way back to town. Walking downhill via some famous historical building, I contemplated where to visit it. I read there were monkeys there. So, nah. I think it was called the English House or something. There wasn't much people there, and for some reason, I didn't feel like talking to anyone. So I walked pass it. 


I came to a marina area, and it looked quite well maintained. There were wide walking space next to the water. There were a lot of greens around too. the whole place has a nice feel to it. Again, why are there nobody here? There was a police coastguard boat parked there when I walked pass. 


Finally I see the bridge that connects to the other side. Apparently this part is a yatch pier. Maybe it's some rich people's place. That's why there aren't many people around? Opposite, I saw what looked like a ferry terminal with different types of boats docking nearby.


Here is one of the ferry I saw. I found out later that you could actually take this ferry to another island and eat seafood there. That was what my friend told me. She recommended that I take the ferry the next time I visit and spend the day at the other side. Sure! Next time!


This was the view up river. I thought it looked rather European! It looked like some holiday resort. Very calming and relaxing. 


More photos of the beautiful scene.


There were hotels? Apartments? Surely this is a tourist resort? Yet it was rather quiet in Summer. Either it's too hot, or it's not the holiday season? I just know that I'm glad I decided to come explore Sizihwan. It was easily my favourite place in KaohSiung for this trip. I always preferred the natural scenes more than anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments