Thursday, April 25, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Tainan Anping Golden Palace

 

The entrance to the Golden Palace looks mysterious. It was basically crossing a bridge, and walking through a dark tunnel, and coming out the other side as shown in the photo above. Exciting! Sadly, that's about as exciting as it gets! Hahahahaha. 


What is it with Taiwanese people and tunnels??? They seems to be everywhere. The very first tunnel I ever walked into was also in Taiwan, at some water leaking caves in Taroko National Park. But I'm not complaining, really. I love tunnels! There is something very mysterious about them. Like a portal, into another world or dimension.....


Sadly, this tunnel leads into a fort. Yes, a fort. No gold. No Palace. And it wasn't even a very impressive fort either! Just a small one, very far away from civilisation.... Damn you combination ticket! You betrayed me! Oh well, since I'm here, might as well walk around....


Seriously, not much to see. 


Sure, some notable nice trees....


And some canons aiming out to the moat.


That's it fold. End of the Golden Palace. Above was the nicest photo I have of the place, and it was taken outside the fort. The next challenge now was, how was I gonna get back? Was there a bus nearby? Don't tell me I have to walk 30minutes into town???? Oh GoD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments