Friday, April 12, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Kaohsiung Art Pier Warehouse Area

 

Walking back to the Art Pier, I explore further the warehouse shop houses found at the last leg of the pier before the music center. I love the concrete feel of the whole place, with a dash of green corners here and there. There were also outdoor market being setup, probably for when the weather was cooler in the evening onwards. 

I found a whole BugCat store selling merchandises, and it was packed inside! I didn't went in. I did wandered into some beautiful stationery stores nearby, but basically I was just happy walking outside looking into the shops and it's surroundings. I wasn't much of a shopping person, unless it's food, groceries, or books.


Some of the art or poster I found outside was pretty interesting too. Like this Japanese looking Taiwan Restoration display. I thought it looked rather nostalgic and Japanese.


Or this famous Pineapple Cake shop's sign from Sunny Hills. There was a big shop here too, probably catering to all the tourist. I didn't eat a single of their pineapple cake during my trip or bought any home. Someone did gave my husband a box of it during Chinese New Year 2024, and I did ate one. Just one. Hahaha. That should tell you I don't really like the taste of it. I prefer the Peranakan rough but delicious tasting pineapple tart instead, with all it's loads of sugar. Some things are better left unhealthy.


I love the above poster. The colour scheme was very me!I love the honeycomb design of the center too. I wanted to walk there to take a look, but I was too tired and too hot to go all the way there. So I just looked on from afar, and admire this beautifully designed poster instead. There weren't any concert by my favourite singer while I was there in Taiwan. I know. I checked. Actually, I was only interested in watching Zhang Zhen Yue in concert. For someone so rough looking, with songs so crude at times, his voice is surprisingly mellow. Every notes seems to melt my heart. And the lyrics.... totally kick me into emo overdrive.....


I also found some Junji Ito posters around the place! That was surprising! But nice! Interestingly, the very first comic from Ito that I own, I bought it in Taiwan! It was so disturbing that I gave it away after reading it. It was the one about spiral "Uzumaki", and it was psychologically damaging to your brain! Hahahaha. But I am a fan. 


There was also this crude looking water pipe in one of the alley. You can make a guess where the water comes out from. People find it rather hilarious, and there were always many people surrounding it taking photos. So I took one too. 


I saw the above poster in Chinese too, and was just happy I could read and understand it. I took a photo of of it and sent it to my husband. So cheesy. It's a play of word that translate to: a place without water is call desert, a place without you is call loneliness. It sounded cooler in Chinese cause it rhymes.... So cheery....I was surprisingly happy travelling alone though. I wasn't lonely at all. There are times I wish I could share the beautiful view or place with someone. But there wasn't much point sharing it with someone who didn't want to be there, is there? Or someone who couldn't appreciate it as you would. 


Before I left Art Pier, I also came across this beautiful tree house! Again, another preview of my Tainan itinerary. I love it that they have built a metal structure all over the tree so that you can actually walk all the way up into the tree! Unfortunately the tree house was not open, so I couldn't walk up the tree. Still, it was a grand idea! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments