Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Kaohsiung Train Museum

 

There is always this word "Hit Dog" in mandarin in KaohSiung. Apparently that is the old name of KaohSiung, I think. Hahaha. You can see it everywhere, especially at Sizihwan area. After being dropped off by my friend, I wandered towards the train station, and found a Train Museum. 

The little museum is called Takao Railway Museum, and the entrance is FREE! So of course I went in. After all, I was already there!


Hello Station Master! Oh wow, 120 anniversary! How old is this place?


It was just a small museum, but everything here looks so old! But well kept. It was interesting to just stumble in to pay a visit. Through the museum building, it opens up into the rail way track field that my friend has kindly directed me to run across....


Above is what the whole place roughly looks like. I like the red train and the red bridge in the photo, plus the green hills behind. Everything is so whimsical here :)


The old trains are parked on the train and you are free to wander on to them to explore.


I do love old trains. It reminded me of that exhibition I went to on the Orient Express. Perhaps one day I would be rich enough to afford a ticket on ANY one of the luxury train. Travelling by train is such a romantic way to see the world. 


Ok, NOT all the tracks are inactive. There is actually one active train that runs through the fields. So be careful! Plus, if you anyhow cross, you might get fine. Great. How was I to know where to cross? Thankfully, the train driver was very nice. While the train stopped at the station, he wave at me to cross in front :)  Thank you Mr Train Driver! You made my day!


Right cross the field will be Art Pier. There is also a miniature train one can take a ride one! Cute? Yeah, not gonna pay for that, thanks! After risking my life crossing the track, I had finally reached my destination! Next stop - Art Pier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments