Monday, April 22, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Tainan Former Tait & Co. Merchant House @ Anping

Former Tait & Co Merchant House, places you weren't planning to go, but since it's included in your combination ticket, you just go! And you see things, and learn things that you never knew you needed to know! Above, a poster of Anping play? Just a souvenir shot for me for the cover of this post. 

 The Merchant House is a small museum. And like every major attraction in Taiwan during summer, it was under renovation. So I can't show you the beautiful structure of the place, I can only show you the inside. And remembered in one of the previous post, I mentioned how come everything in Taiwan is a bit like Malacca? Well, apparently the Portuguese was here too! And this place was called Fort de Zeelander. How interesting!

More official information above. Apparently Anping was Taiwan's first international trading port! Now, did you know that? I sure as hell didn't! Told you combination ticket was worth it!

Amazing how a tree house can lead you to learn so much more about a small town. And that is why, you should preserved your heritage! The small museum tell tales of ancient Taiwan, before it became Taiwan!

Here are some preview of the museum under construction. I do love the colours. If you didn't know, I have a thing for minty green and white combination. And since I'm slightly colour blind, I can't tell whether those doors and pillars are green or blue, so I'm gonna belief they are in minty green.


The old corridor, and the old doors. Lovely!


Vintage posters and ads of trades back in the old days. Pineapples and oolong tea! 


Yes, I have a thing for tea too. Especially eastern tea. Oolong is one of my favourite tea, along with Pu-Er, and White Tea. For the Japanese genre, I am in love with Houjicha, and of course, green tea. Oh, and Barley Tea! (Mugicha).


Leaving you with some retro poster found in the museum. And That ends area #1 of the map of Anping. We shall now proceed to #2 area, which is Anping Fort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments