Saturday, April 13, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Kaohsiung Last Lunch and Dinner


I have a habit of taking screenshots of my phone when I travel. It captures the moment and weather of the place I am currently at. Currently, I was in KaohSiung, and it was summer, so it was hot hot hot! After exploring Art Pier, I got lost looking for the nearest train station, but finally managed to find my way back to the hotel. It was quite late by then, and I still haven't had lunch. I was very tired, so I thought I'll just buy something nearby. What is nearer than the Authentic Pork Rib Rice from across the road from my hotel!


There you go! It wasn't expensive either. I oh course pick the authentic pork ribs, and the price they state actually came with two side dishes. The cold ice orange juice was free, the complimentary drink I redeemed from the hotel for my stay. I can still remember how delicious it tasted in that hot summer afternoon. I think the ice was free from the cafeteria, which was empty at the time I was there except for a young guy on his laptop and a lady. 


I was so hungry! And the lunch set was so value for money! The cafeteria was on the second floor of the hotel, and it has glass walls all over, so I sat at a corner or the place and ate my lunch looking out the cross road below. It was so relaxing. It felt like I was in my own space. You know, like you were in your own apartment eating lunch. That was how comfortable I was there. Sometimes, staying in those shared accommodation felt some much more homely. Hotels tend to decorate it up to make everything more stylist and high end. Hmm.... maybe cause my lifestyle is more towards shared accommodation. Maybe I'm just used to being poor that I prefer such place cause I feel more at home here? Just a thought. I'm writing this post in the morning, after a day of being too emo for my own good. So.... excuse the weird text along the way.... lol.


After lunch and cooling down in my room, there was one place I still haven't checked off my todo list, and that was to visit RuiFeng Night Market, the night market I was supposed to have gone to yesterday. Since it was just a few station stops away, I dragged myself out of my cold room, and into the summer heat again and battle my way there. I saw battle cause it was freaking crowded there! I was there around 6pm or so, and it was packed with people. Maybe it was so packed because it was so small! The walk way inside the market was narrow as f*ck! Luckily, I have only a few things on my mind to get from here. So I did browse a bit, and got what I wanted, and quickly went back to my own station. To be honest, the food selection here was good, but the crowd and the setup was just too chaotic for me!


Above was what I got, some fruit jelly balls, and fried milk in a cube. I love the milk cube! The jelly was just so-so. They were expensive though. I wish they were cold too. I didn't have a fridge in my current hotel. Apart from the above, I also went back to LiuHe Night Market on my way home and bought some watermelon juice and more fried sotong! This was after all, my last night in KaohSiung.


In summary, I think I had the most wonderful day in KaohSiung that day. My favourite was my walk around Sizihwan, a place that I was hesitant to go to at first. I mean, looking at the map and information online, it was rather intimidating cause you were going through tunnels and cave and walking around beaches and cliff on your own. I was afraid of dogs and monkeys. In fact, I was afraid of many things. But I've learned time and time again not to let my fear stop me too much from the things I want to do, or the place I want to go to. Here's me with the iconic light house on top of the island, taken from my favourite platform there. Best 30minutes of the day!


The other note worthy thing I did was taking a ride on my friend's scooter, and walking across a field of railway tracks. Even in Malaysia I've never done that! So here's a picture of me with those ancient train on the railway track. Good job Cordy! Just go with it!


And lastly, this was my favourite photo of the day. I waited quite a long time to take this photo for everyone to leave before I snap this. I felt so relaxed just looking at it :)  And that was what KaohSiung was like for me, relaxing. There was just so much space here that I didn't felt closed in as I did in Taipei, or even in places like Singapore. It was nice being in places where I didn't see anyone else in sight. I felt like the world could belong to me again. Yes, I love KaohSiung. I think I will be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments