Friday, January 25, 2019

Noboribetsu Hotels


After our Otaru day trip, it was time to venture further from the city. Next stop, Hell Valley! Also known as Noboribetsu. We took a direct bus there from Sapporo station. You have to reserve before hand and pay for it. There are other resorts where transport is actually provided free of charge. Do check their website (english and japanese) to see if you can get a free ride there. If you or a Japanese speaker call them, it would also be easier sometimes. The bus ride there took a few hours, and we took in the view of the winter wonderland as we went along.


Noboribetsu is a hot spring resort. This was also my 2nd time here. The first time here, I stayed at the big hotel you see here in the photo above. It cost me around SGD200+ per person per night! This time round, I was a lot smarter. I stayed at an inn opposite the big hotel, paid a fraction of the price, and still get access to the big hotel's facilities! Smart move! I've left the two hotel's link below for your preference. Unless you want a high end buffet dinner with snow crab and staff, I would recommend you stay at the inn instead. The reception is super friendly too, so it adds a personal touch to the whole experience. 


We checked in, and as usual, a small snack was waiting for us in the room. Same snack you would get in the big hotel too! Don't waste your money!


Tea is provided in the room, but my husband needed to try all the alcohol that Japan has to offer. There are a few convenient shops on the main street. So just pop in and get whatever you need. They sell souvenirs, snacks, beer, custard etc. 


The inn provided a good hearty dinner and breakfast, just like any nice ryokan would. Everything is clean and simple, and although you don't get snow crab and stuff, you do get more traditional fermented seafood. I really like the food here as its simple yet delicious. We stayed two nights at the inn, so that our trip wasn't so rush. My last trip here, I hardly knew what the town looked like cause we only stayed one night. 


Above is the big hotel opposite the inn. Needless to say, I went there everyday. It looked the same as when I was there the first time. The main hall, the puppet show robot, and the hot spring inside. The only different now is, I had to run across the road in my yukata and slippers in the winter weather to get to the hot spring, and then run back after! I didn't mind. I got a lot of stare when I did that on my afternoon trip to the onsen when the town was still filled with tourist. Chinese tourist was saying how crazy it was that I was just wearing my slippers in the cold winter. Actually, it wasn't that bad. 


The big hotel is actually a resort. That means you can check-in and not leave the premise, and still get everything you need for a holiday. They have a big store inside that sells everything. Milk for after your hot spring soak, famous custard pudding, and lots and lots of souvenirs and local produce. And no, they are not cheap!


The also have an entertainment centre inside, and a huge arcade. Here's me and Doraemon at the arcade. This is what I wear when I rush across the street everything I wanted to go to the hot spring. I love the hot spring here cause they have a transparent glass that looked out into the hell valley! I came on the next afternoon just to see the view. And because it was in the afternoon, there weren't many people around, so it was a really relaxing experience. 

Ref:
Takimoto Inn
Dao-Ichi Takimotokan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments