Monday, January 7, 2019

Sapporo Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人) Park - Part 1/8 (Intro)


I have a target to complete my Hokkaido trip blogging by this year at least, so while the year is still fresh, let's carry on with it. It's going to be a long journey, cause to be frank, all these happened in 2017, and I am blogging this in 2019. When you think you will always remember every single details of things, please note, your memory will fail you! So I am trying my best here to be as accurate as possible. After our visit to the Curb Market for some seafood, we headed to Miyanosawa Station and walk towards Shiroi Koibito Park. Shiroi Koibito is a ridiculously famous chocolate biscuit in Hokkaido and Japan. 


The sign was easy enough to follow. It was some distance from the station. We made our way after  brunch because the park wasn't that big, and I wanted to see the Christmas lightings at the park when it gets dark. The other goal for me was to have tea there at the cafe, and that can only be done during, wait for it, tea time! So around noon, we arrive and started walking there. 


You know you have reached when you see this ridiculously elaborated building with signs of chocolate products out front. You will feel slightly disappointed at how factory like it looked, full of concrete, and not really like a themed park at all. It just looks like someone's big mansion. 


As it was December, the building was covered in snow. I thought it was really cute how they decorated the building with miniature snowman all over. Slightly creepy, but slightly creative and cute at the same time. 


To get in, you purchase as passport day pass. The ticket came with two pieces of chocolate, which I thought was kinda thoughtful, cause those damn biscuits are expensive. They sell for around SGD15 per box, and people just wipe them clean from the shelves in the airport! I already knew what they trademark product tasted like, so I opened the other package instead. 


Here's what it looked like. A cute chocolate snowman! It really fits the December Christmas mood. Now I know that the title of the blog says Part 1/8. Do I really have so much to say about a small chocolate museum? Ern, yes. In order to give you the real essence of the place, I feel that I shouldn't just rush through it. So I have divided them up into 8 parts to share with you. Note all these is only one museums! Wait till I get to the resorts we were visiting in this trip! Stay tune!

Ref:
Shiroi Koibito Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments