Monday, January 21, 2019

Otaru - LeTao Tea Salon


Top of my to-do list of Otaru is to have tea at LeTao, a cheesecake shop. The shop was at the main road, but it was kinda hard to spot. For one, seeing how it was so popular in the internet, I was thinking the shop would have its name out front clear and bold. Nope. Almost walked passed it without seeing it. 


Here's one of the shop, it just say Double Fromage, which means double cheese. LeTao is famous for their cheese cake, and one of their signature is the double cheesecake. There was no big letter of LeTao on the shop at all! But the above photo is so nice, reminding you of all those cake shops you read about in romance books or children books. The shop was like it was out of a fairy tale.


One of the shop was actually close or under renovation while we were there. I walked pass the above green shop and finally spotted the name outside. I back track a bit before I came across a small standing sign-board that says LeTao Tea Salon.


The above photo was taken from their menu. We've actually already had breakfast before we left for Otaru and wasn't really hungry. Plus the price was a bit expensive, and we already had a lovely tea at Shiro Koibito park the day before.


Above is the set we both settled for. I order coffee and Chocolate double cheese, and my husband had tea with their signature double cheese. For 972Yen, I guess it was not that expensive, considering we have came all the way and it was on my bucket list. How could anyone say no to cheese and chocolate, and coffee!


The tea salon is on the 2nd floor of the building. The ground floor was the shop selling all their products. The salon was really tastefully decorated like a classy tea house. Everything was made of wood, dark wood that shines from all the polish. The lighting was soft. It was probably only 10am or 11am when we stopped by for tea.


I love my coffee blank, and preferably thick and smooth. I realise recently that I can't stomach sugary instant coffee any more. All the coffee I drink are without sugar. I recently bought this UCC mocca coffee from DonDonDonki because the packaging was so pretty. But after preparing it and tasting it, I had to pour half of it away cause it was just too sweet for me. Luckily for me, there was only 5 packs inside, and I gave one away to my office secretary already. Coffee, black please. I really like the above photo, and it looks like it belong in one of my "Coffee Moment" blog entry. 


Above is our full order, taken here with Totoro. It was lovely to sit there and just relax. You can't do stuff like that when you are on a tour group cause they are always hurrying you on. My holiday are always around things I want to do, slowly and fully. So that you can emerge yourself to the place and the moment.


After staying for around an hour, we actually went and explore the bell tower which is part of the building. Refer next blog entry for that. After which, we went downstairs, and tempting as the cheese cake look, we didn't buy any. If you are reading this from Singapore, you can find LeTao at Orchard Ion. They have all their signature products there, at maybe double the rate. Here's an artistic shot I took before leaving this post. Wish I could go back there one day in the future.... what a wonderful memory that would be....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments