Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Otaru - KItakaro


Kitakaro Patissier is another another shop that was on my list of places to visit when I was in Otaru. You must be wondering why the label for this post includes "Photography". Its because for some reason, the photo of this place were so beautiful and artistically taken that I feel that I should tag it as such to give it justice. All photos were taken with my HTC phone. It would be the angle, the lighting, the backdrop and colour of the shop that made all the following photo just picture perfect. I'm so glad I finally found the time to publish these on the blog. The colour orange seems to make me happy today for some reason.


So here is the main entrance to the shop. They sell cream puff, soft serve ice cream, and other type of cakes and pastry. The front of the shop was magnificent looking, and really felt like it was meant to be there. When I research this shop from the internet, they always say that it was crowded. Perhaps coming here in winter, and especially after a blizzard does help ease the crowd for us. 


Here again, a different angle, showing the beautiful soft serve that they sell. We just came from the LeTao Tea salon, so we were't really hungry. But this shop looked so pretty that we just have to step in and browse around.


This is one of my favourite shot. The snow and the tree behind really made this shot awesome. Plus the orange sign of course. Everything just look so clean, simple, and right. 


Inside the shop, all the cakes are wrapped individually and you can buy them back if you like them after sampling it at the shop. They also have a lot of seafood type of cracker cakes which I got for myself. 


Even the samples of the shop are arranged like a Christmas tree. The size of it was also quite generous.


There is a section where you can watch them make the baumkuchen right in front of you. The counter itself looked like a stage, and the baker the performer. I don't know why this cake always cost so much. It's basically Kueh Lapis to me. I always think it was German or some european origin cake. But apparently the Japanese bakeries always sell them. You can find the more generic one from the convenient stores as well. 


As full as I was, I bought myself a cream puff. It was the least I could do. Totoro immediately climbed inside and took a selfie with it. 


I bought some scallop cracker/snacks back for Baby Yoda, and he was rather excited and climbed all over it. Bakery in Japan are just magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments