Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!


Happy New Year 2019! As you can see, this year seems to be a brighter year as compared to 2018. Yes, I have fallen off the bandwagon again on my daily blog. Seriously, blogging daily is really tough. Why on earth did I set out with this goal for myself anyway! But seeing how today is a brand new year, I thought I'll check in here and just blog as much as I can. 2018 was a tough year. I am hoping that 2019 would be so much better! Maybe I'll achieve some of my goals soon this year!


Today started off at 6am when I woke up. I slept like 1030am on the eve, and actually woke up around 2am, which was way too early to catch the sunrise. I managed to wake my hubby up by 615am, and by 630am we have left the house and headed for East Coast Park. The sunrise timing was supposed to be 7:06am, but the day was already breaking. Note to self, next year go 1 hour earlier than sunrise timing. Captured the above photo which kinda looks like we're on vacation in some island instead of in Singapore. Heck, we were supposed to be in Bangkok today! Darn it!


Managed to get a few nice beach shot. As I mentioned, we were supposed to be on a 2 week cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. At this date, we would have sailed to Bangkok and celebrated the new year there. But due to work, I had to reschedule the cruise to 2020. I hate work. Wage slavery accurately describe how I feel about it. Time to aim for early retirement in 2019! Woot!


The sky started to turn orange just before 7am, and this lady went and sat herself at this rock barrier and made this shot look like the little mermaid screen. We were taking our shots just beside Bedok Jetty, via a smaller lookout point. Not sure why, there weren't many people there. The fact that there were no pathway to the lookout point could be one reason. Everyone was just crowded at the Bedok Jetty. 


Happy to have my non-grumpy hubby accompanying me. It has become our tradition to catch the first sunrise of the new year, and then head to Liang Court for some Sake Opening ceremony to welcome the new year, have some ramen at Santouka, buy my yearly schedule book from Kinokuniya, and do some shopping at Meidi-ya for dinner. It's nice to have a constant new year procedure. 


Here's us at the lookout point. Happy New Year everyone! Stay tune on more about Cordy's  great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments