Saturday, January 26, 2019

Noboribetsu - Night View


Noboribetsu only has one main shopping street, and that is where we wonder to at night. All the shops can be found there. The lights at night are kinda traditional of a small town, yet very Japanese feel to it. 


Some shops have traditional lanterns out front and they make it look so pretty. Hell gods were everywhere in this small town.


This is one of the biggest souvenir shop there, and it was there when I first visited Noboribetsu maybe in 2004. This trip was in 2016, so 12 years in business! Not too bad.


There are demons alter everywhere. Just pay respect.


Right outside our hotel, there is another robotic hell demon short show as well. It plays at a fixed interval every night and attracts the crowd due to its loud noises and visual effect. 


Apparently hell demons are very forgetful and they leave their baton everywhere. You can also buy there for souvenirs. 


Here's my husband outside the convenient store with a demon mascot. The umbrella he is holding was provided by the hotel we were staying at. 


And pudding seems to be the popular produce here! I bought a few cause I love them. I love the black sugar that comes with it and the creamy texture. The one above is actually made of quail egg! I always though pudding were made of just milk. Now I know better! When I buy some to from Meidiya in Singapore to make at home, the recipe actually calls for one egg yolk! And it does make the pudding more solid and more firm. And after trying japanese pudding, it was kinda hard to go back to my normal one cause the japanese black sugar is just to die for! Not only does it provide the sweetness, but it also has a bitter taste and burned fragrant to it!


Here's another pudding I tried. The bottle may looked familiar, cause I actually brought them home. Whenever I make caramel, I use them so that I can experience back the Noboribetsu moment! Best idea for souvenir cause it cost nothing but the space to carry them back....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments