Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Sapporo Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人) Park - Part 2/8 (Victorian Deco)


Continue on about Shiroi Koibito Park, the moment you pay and enter the park, it feels like you have stepped back in time. From the indoor fountain that greeted you, to the multiple staircase that leads you up and into beautiful rooms after rooms of beautiful objects and stained glass windows. I was quite blown away at the first part of the park. It was so classily done. Just look at the photos above, and just imagine living in a mansion with that kind of windows.


Even the staircases are beautifully decorated with individual tiles adorning them. Above is one of them. Below is anther set of staircase. I really love the attention to details that went into decorating this place. Needless to say, as I Peranakan, I love my tiles, and was more than happy to admire all these beautifully created tiles, all different slightly from the next.


Feel free to zoom in on the image to see the details. I did cut down on the resolution of the images to fit it into this blog, but you could still see an acceptable quality graphic of it (I hope).


The whole place reminded me of little English cottages or mansion. Each room was tastefully decorated with different style of tiles. The lightings were soft and warm, and some like the photo above, have stained glass ceilings letting in the natural light. If you know me enough, you also know that I am nuts about stained glass. If not, feel free to check up my Stained Glass collection from my Europe trip. 


Every window was beautifully decorated with soft translucent drapes. French windows. How classy! And look at those tiles!


Here's a different perspective of it. I lowered the lightings on my camera so that I can imagine what it would look like. From this take, you can see that each square on the window actually has a different colour. Don't you think they look romantic?


Next came the room with tea cups! O.M.G. Ok, to be more accurate, these are cups they use for drinking hot chocolates instead of hot tea. But really, they are just cups. And they look so darn fancy! Click Click Click. 


Vintage chocolate boxes or carrier. Imagine eating out of these fine luxury boxes. Not only do they make you feel rich, they probably made you feel royal too! 


Last shot, totally insane collection of cups! too much! People here really know what I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments