Saturday, January 5, 2019

November 2018


November 2018 was an eventful month for me. I was back in Penang 3 weekends in a row! I also went drinking with friends on weekdays. The first one was with my ex-colleagues Bunnee and Ah Qiang.  She has a favourite place she likes to go to listen to music, and since it was just where I was working at, she ask if I wanted to join her, so I said yes.


The place was call Skarker, and I assume it is a German beer restaurant. But the band that was playing mainly sang Chinese Jay Chou music. I felt old cause I knew most of the songs they were singing. It was also the first time I tried Spam fries! And as unhealthy as it is, I love it! It is so salty! So sinful! Yet it goes so well with beer. The chicken wings were great too. My friend gave me a treat for some reason. We mainly spend the whole night just laughing at Ah Qiang on his miserable life at work. 


Cheers to friendship and chilling out with friends. This place have awesome service too! I ordered one pint of beer, and since we were there whole night listening to music, half way through, the waiter transferred my warm beer into a chilled mug for me! I thought that was excellent service. Would definitely go again.


The following week, I meet up with my ex-ex-colleagues for a farewell to one of them as she was leaving Singapore soon to go work in Shanghai. We met in another singing bar, and I started to feel really old patronising places like these. But the food was good this time round, and the company was great too as I met up with some of my favourite team mates. As I was their team lead then, I felt good still hanging out with them cause it means I wasn't such a bad lead after all. Actually, I have been rather attached to my team mates from the past 2 companies. 


Lastly, I guess the most eventful of all, was that my dad passed away at the end of November, on 25-Nov to be exact. He has been unwell for two weeks already, and I was glad I visited him in Penang one week before he passed on, even if it was just briefly. It was money well spend. And when my mum called me on the next Sunday morning, I knew it was bad news. I went back for his funeral, but I didn't feel sad about it at all. In fact, I thought the sea burial was both beautiful and meaningful. Anyway, here is one of my favourite photos of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments